emblems/chrome on Denali LIFTGATE PLENTY OF PICS NEED OPINIONS PLEASE!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimZ

Reaction score
Hey Tony! I was waiting for yor pics on your other thread....Anyway, I like the chrome upper piece but not too kend on the lower. With both it definately looks "aftermarket". GMC logo looks good too, but that's the way the Hybrid's come so I'm on the fence about that. Definately like the chrome upper, can see that on mind soon.

p.s. Can you take a shot for me with just the chrome upper and no emblem? Thanks!

OP
OP
Tonygxp

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Tony! I was waiting for yor pics on your other thread....Anyway, I like the chrome upper piece but not too kend on the lower. With both it definately looks "aftermarket". GMC logo looks good too, but that's the way the Hybrid's come so I'm on the fence about that. Definately like the chrome upper, can see that on mind soon.

p.s. Can you take a shot for me with just the chrome upper and no emblem? Thanks!

here you go, i already had one, i didn't like it w/o GMC moved on top...

DSC00859.gif

here's what i'm leaning towards.
DSC00917.gif
DSC00914.gif
DSC00911.gif

with this being the 2nd option.
DSC00920.gif

Last edited:

JimZ

Reaction score
Can't really decide from that pic. I'm not totally sold on the GMC emblem on it either...sorta looks a little small compared to everything else on the back. Where did you pick up the chrome overlays from by the way?

OP
OP
Tonygxp

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't really decide from that pic. I'm not totally sold on the GMC emblem on it either...sorta looks a little small compared to everything else on the back. Where did you pick up the chrome overlays from by the way?

in person, to me, it looks in porportion to the rear, it's the correct emblem just relocated. i though about doing it that way ever since
i saw the back of a new GMC Terrain, then i began to notice Acadia's that were the same way. i've always thought the back of these models were lame so something's getting changed, more than likely option #1..

i found the chrome overlay kit from an internet store. was only $50 shipped, half the price of everywhere else. i will check packaging and repost later.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So have you already decided on something yet?

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've decided to put the chrome upper piece on my Tahoe. Are these non branded pieces on Ebay of the same quality as the ones by Putco. The Putco ones are twice the price. I will pay more if they are of better quality. I'm wondering if they are all from the same supplier, probably from China and the Putco ones cost more for the name. Does anybody know?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're all made in china and pretty much the same quality. Just save your money and get the cheaper one!

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO debadge the back, get an extra set of "DENALI" lettering, paint them black and put them on the chrome top piece