Engine boggs @3500 after sparkplug replacement gapped at .045

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or the damn early 90s ford 5.0. i think the 351 was the same too but never experienced that one. 94 f150 with a 5.0 did a tune up and bought oem wires and Bosch plugs. would not run right for nothing. ford buddy told me to go back out and buy the cheapest plugs i could buy and stick those in. found some copper core autolights or some cheap ass plug cant remember brand and it ran like a top. just doesn't like Bosch plugs or something.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or the damn early 90s ford 5.0. i think the 351 was the same too but never experienced that one. 94 f150 with a 5.0 did a tune up and bought oem wires and Bosch plugs. would not run right for nothing. ford buddy told me to go back out and buy the cheapest plugs i could buy and stick those in. found some copper core autolights or some cheap ass plug cant remember brand and it ran like a top. just doesn't like Bosch plugs or something.

The Bosch plugs could have been a different type than the OE style and the ignition system didn't like it. I know back in the day, before practically all cars ran on platinum plugs, the ignition systems were sensitive to high-conductivity plugs and/or wires. Instead of all the voltage jumping the gap to the ground electrode to make a single, hot spark, a lot of the voltage would shoot back up the wire and into the coil, producing a weak spark or no spark.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya in this case its just Bosch somehow. i had purchased the classic bosch plugs recommended for that truck. classic copper core plugs or something same as the cheap plugs i bought. ive actually mentioned this story in company of ford nuts and the going response stock ign cheap plugs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts