Escalade 3rd brake light upgrade.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome man. Let me know if you ever start mass producing them so I can buy one :)

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would maybe run one of these if it all lit up like this

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want it! Question tho, how did you keep the plastic pieces from falling into the lens when you ground down the plastic?

OP
OP
drroy

drroy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want it! Question tho, how did you keep the plastic pieces from falling into the lens when you ground down the plastic?

I didnt, I had to flush them out with water, and then pick out the larger pieces that wouldnt come through the holes with tweezers and a pair of needle drivers. I was worried about those bits before I started, but it wasnt much of an issue and they flushed out pretty easy.

Oscar@Hidguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This looks great! There is a lot of labor involved in that. Nice anywayz.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks good... glad all the plastic junk got out of the housing.... looks good

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didnt, I had to flush them out with water, and then pick out the larger pieces that wouldnt come through the holes with tweezers and a pair of needle drivers. I was worried about those bits before I started, but it wasnt much of an issue and they flushed out pretty easy.

So did you run alcohol or something else afterwards to keep the moisture out of the lens before you sealed it?

OP
OP
drroy

drroy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope, flushed it, gave it a couple of swings to get as much water out as i could and the rest evaporated by the time i was done.

OP
OP
drroy

drroy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i am just not that good at taking night shots of lights, of the many bad pics i took, this is the best one i could take, without the red light just completely washing out the photo.
DSCN2382.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dap365