esky third brake light on tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bsims3996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone know for sure if the rear glass has to be replaced to install the esky third brake light on a tahoe. i've heard its a direct fit just had to use 3m tape to install, then i heard that the glass has to be replaced so the wires can be ran through. i want to do this but i want to know what i'm getting into before i start buying, thanks

CdnDenali

Reaction score
I just got a hold of one last week (third brake light assembly only), repainting it (today) to match truck, and hopefully have it on by tommorrow evening. I could have just got the back glass with assembly but then I would'nt have any change left for gas.

OP
OP
bsims3996

bsims3996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a hold of one last week (third brake light assembly only), repainting it (today) to match truck, and hopefully have it on by tommorrow evening. I could have just got the back glass with assembly but then I would'nt have any change left for gas.

let me know how installation goes. pics if possible, thanks

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
the rear glass doesnt have to be replaced. Just pick up the esky applique and I think it comes with 3M adhesive tape to affix to the back glass.

solefood21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hmmm, I always thought you had to replace the glass. That's what I did anyways and it was no big deal. Just heavy as shit but...

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
i'd like to see pics if you got 'em... i've been thinking of getting one of these also. how much did you pay for yours?

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think its just easier to replace the whole glass, will look good once done. Wanted to do this to my yukon but just no funds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES