Exhaust Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I was at a thing today and they had the very first cell phone with a camera built in on display and it said it was released in 1997. like holy crap that messed me up. 97 doesn't seem that long ago, but I guess it is. that and it feels like phones have always had cameras lol.

I don't know when my first message board log in was but I'd like to know haha I'm pretty sure it was a car board too
Before web browsers I would be on BBS (Bulletin Board System), all text, no images, and mostly command lines. I started doing that with a 14.4k dial up modem around 1994 or 1995. Then upgraded to 28.8k, 33.6k, 56k, lol

That being said, I've never done MySpace, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, etc. I hate what social media has become

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before web browsers I would be on BBS (Bulletin Board System), all text, no images, and mostly command lines. I started doing that with a 14.4k dial up modem around 1994 or 1995. Then upgraded to 28.8k, 33.6k, 56k, lol

That being said, I've never done MySpace, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, etc. I hate what social media has become

definitely a years before me, I kinda avoided the whole computer thing for a while. was out racing cars haha. but once I got into it, I remember reading some of that kinda stuff. seemed like it was a big email chain by today's standards. but they got stuff done, the while DIY prom guys that figured out how to first burn chips for the old Buick GN's and tbi cars got it's start on those chains. at least that's what I was reading thru. I had found a zip file on a board somewhere, downloaded it and someone has archived all kinds of stuff from it. I wish I'd have saved it, that was so above my head, I just scrolled thru some and went back to posting on the board where someone could hold my hand walking thru it all haha.

BacDoc

Reaction score
I have to say that the Flowmaster cat back exhaust I had installed on my 88 Corvette back in the 90’s was by far the best money I ever spent on a vehicle upgrade! The sound was so sweet I hardly ever listened to the high end stereo system I had installed. It was installed by local motor head shop that listened to my needs and they built a system that was fairly quiet at cruise but amazing cold start and on throttle. I don’t remember price but I remember thinking Wow! Definitely worth it!

There was something about that Flow Master that made you want to sit in the car after you got to destination just to hear the motor. Something addictive about that sound and those guys nailed it! Unfortunately it was so long ago, I sold the car with all service records and don’t remember who did the job. Since it was almost 30 years ago might be out of business.

Anyway, I would love to get that back in my 2024 Tahoe but concerned about warranty issues with changing out stock exhaust. Anyone know what the warranty effect would be if I changed out exhaust?

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I have to say that the Flowmaster cat back exhaust I had installed on my 88 Corvette back in the 90’s was by far the best money I ever spent on a vehicle upgrade! The sound was so sweet I hardly ever listened to the high end stereo system I had installed. It was installed by local motor head shop that listened to my needs and they built a system that was fairly quiet at cruise but amazing cold start and on throttle. I don’t remember price but I remember thinking Wow! Definitely worth it!

There was something about that Flow Master that made you want to sit in the car after you got to destination just to hear the motor. Something addictive about that sound and those guys nailed it! Unfortunately it was so long ago, I sold the car with all service records and don’t remember who did the job. Since it was almost 30 years ago might be out of business.

Anyway, I would love to get that back in my 2024 Tahoe but concerned about warranty issues with changing out stock exhaust. Anyone know what the warranty effect would be if I changed out exhaust?
I see a lot of posts of the Chevy performance “borla” exhaust upgrades on here done by dealerships so I think you should be fine without voiding anything?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

Basically, you can do whatever you want and if a warranty claim is ever made the "Dealership", or whomever, would have to prove that your exhaust is what caused the issue that you are claiming under warranty. The ownus is on the warranter to prove the direct correlation.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Did the BBS text stuff, too, right after I got transferred to Denver. Had to be '86 or '87, my boss had me get on a ski conditions bulletin board every day to check out the fresh snow in Colorado and send that to a few people. He didn't ski but he did make points with other people in the company, before that kind of info was easily available to them. I had to use my phone extension to dial it up, and hope that no one called while I was online at "superspeed." LOL

I had one of these with a 5.25" floppy and a 10MB (not GB) full size hard drive. That thing was about the size of a sewing machine case and a pain to pack; it barely fit under an airplane seat.

Compaq.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1