Exhaust tip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should I buy an exhaust tip or leave it alone? I keep seeing them in autozone...... It might help balance my chrome.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 57

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't like how it looks from behind where it transitions from the tip to the exhaust section. Makes it look like what it is an autozone special. Just saying. And admitting I've done before.

DCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should I buy an exhaust tip or leave it alone? I keep seeing them in autozone...... It might help balance my chrome.

Do it. But it has to be done right with clean welds. An exhaust shop may have better quality tips and more selection than autozone.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Those tips will rot out. My hoe had some and I don't even live in the north... I just used my sawzaw and chopped them off

Independent755

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I would leave it stock. But that's just me, I bought mine with a tip already installed. Did you take the plasti dip off? I'm about to do all my chrome in black plasti dip.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 65

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Magnaflow makes great tips, they are SS not sure if they make one for your size exhaust tho, they are weld on which is the way to go imo

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I would leave it stock. But that's just me, I bought mine with a tip already installed. Did you take the plasti dip off? I'm about to do all my chrome in black plasti dip.
Dip is still on, and ain't going anywhere. I might do my chrome bumpers or grill shell next. I posted an old pic, sorry for any confusion. Clear dip (creates a brushed aluminum look) and Smoke dip also looks great on chrome FYI. I might end up using Smoke dip on my chrome wheels and chrome trim before next winter (winter mode). You have the 20" wheels I'm after, Your rig looks great! I'd remove those SLT badges though, best thing I ever did.
Any post with the word Autozone = automatic fail

Lol
Lol, thanks for the insight!

Do it. But it has to be done right with clean welds. An exhaust shop may have better quality tips and more selection than autozone.
This is the answer I was looking for. I'm always skeptical about bolt on cosmetic accessories, hence the reason I started this thread.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

MIA_INC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Clean truck! But I'd definitely stay away from the autozone exhaust tips.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score

^X1 - DO IT, but as mentioned at a muffler shop and not with an Autozone Tip.

I had mine done at a Muffler Shop and am happy with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925