Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoe03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, i wanted to mod my exhaust a little bit without spending to much money. want it to have a nice deep rumble and be loud when i punch it but not to loud when im cruising. i have an 03 tahoe and i was thinking about just removing the muffler and running a pipe where it belongs. has anyone done this and how did it sound? or should i get a better muffler and if so which one? maybe duals??? need help on deciding what would be best

Splatmaster527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran mine with no muffler for a while when I was getting my Flowmaster installed and its not too bad
if you want cheap just cut the pipe right before the muffler and be done with it... maybe throw a turn down on it if you want
But a super 44 is only about $70 if you can swing that its worth it

M3PO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was thinking about just removing the muffler and running a pipe where it belongs.

That will not net you a nice deep rumble. Do some reading, there are many opinions out there; one will say "too loud", the other will say "not loud enough". Either pay attention to people that complain about "exhaust drone", there has been numerous times, people switch mufflers and often go back to stock due to exhaust drone.

Good luck, in the end you will have to read through the millions of suggestions, and try one out in hopes that you like it.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30809

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Magnaflow will probably fit the bill if you can't spring for a Corsa.

msphotog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got a Magnaflow one in/two out muffler done a while back at a local muffler shop with my choice of exhaust tips for $279.00. I just had them weld up a pair of black chrome tips straight out the back on the passenger side. They look great, but I'm thinking about having them moved to out the side. just a personal preference. BTW, I get a nice rumble at idle, and a slight drone when accelerating. It sounds perfect, and even my son, who drives a Yukon likes mine better than his Gibson.

PUGLIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Delete your cats and throw a flowmaster on there. Want it louder go with a true dual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkmarius

Latest posts