Expedition vs Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

SerialNo1

Reaction score
Really, though? Looks comparatively dull.
I haven't been able to see the 22 expedition in person but pictures seem like it's a pretty sharp looking ride. I still prefer the yukon but this waiting game and the pulling of all these standard items that we can't get back is killing me.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the contemporary styling of the limited stealth
Looks can be subjective. I think the 2022 Expedition looks better than pre-2022 Expeditions.

Functionally, I think a strong argument could be made that an Expedition Limited Max with the Stealth Performance Package has better features than a GMC Yukon Denali XL:
- More comfortable seats
- Power adjustable pedals
- Better towing capabilities due to:
- 3.73 rear end

From an actual market price perspective, they are nearly equal. The MSRP of the Ford Expedition Limited Max with the Stealth Performance Package has a higher MSRP, but Granger Ford sells it for 3% under invoice. You'll probably wait 3-5 months for it. If you order a GMC Yukon Denali XL from Robideaux Motors, it's $300 above invoice but you could be waiting 9-12 months for it.
Tell me more of the seat comparison have you sat in both, what were the major differences?

Pick your poison, the Yukon has acoustic laminated side glass where the Expedition has adjustable pedals. I prefer the more contemporary styling of the Expedition over the Yukon but I get a discount on GMs.

Choices are good but would be better if a proper test drive of the considered vehicles were possible fortunately I have a good vehicle and can afford to wait for sense to return to the situation for the frenzy to subside. When I tell sales people that I'm a patient man it let's the air out of them and they start looking at their phone for the next victim. Slow down people it's not the end of the world.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like one dealership just posted a video of a 2022 Ford Expedition they received:

She said she has that same center screen in her car (must be a Mach-E) and she still fumbled around trying to figure out how to turn off the A/C. No thanks! Give me a display that can show a map and hard physical buttons and knobs below it. Looks like the lower trim level Expeditions offer that configuration.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A giant reflective screen, no thanks. I guess someone out there actually likes that sort of thing.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just imagine the cost to replace that screen, $$$$, you'd lose control of everything in the cab if that thing quit.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just imagine the cost to replace that screen, $$$$, you'd lose control of everything in the cab if that thing quit.
So this one uses the 12" screen, but I think you're referring to that 15" screen.

Same applies for Air Ride suspension. When it fails, your vehicle is practically immovable.

cment

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As a previous owner of 2019 Ram 1500 Limited with a 15” info unit that was bricked after an over the air update, I can concur with this statement. In my case it took months and lots of calls to get a replacement. One of the reasons I went for the AT4 trim is that I had dials for climate.

ItIsWhatItIs

Reaction score
She said she has that same center screen in her car (must be a Mach-E) and she still fumbled around trying to figure out how to turn off the A/C. No thanks! Give me a display that can show a map and hard physical buttons and knobs below it. Looks like the lower trim level Expeditions offer that configuration.
This. We currently have a 2020 Ram with the huge screen and I’m honestly not a fan. It should be smaller, horizontal in orientation, with more physical buttons below it like heated and cooled seats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby