Expedition vs Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the dash on the new Escalade, it all flows together well. The dash on the Yukon/Tahoe looks like the screen was added after the dash was designed, and what's with the little door?

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I like the dash on the new Escalade, it all flows together well. The dash on the Yukon/Tahoe looks like the screen was added after the dash was designed, and what's with the little door?
Only concern for me if I’m buying that is it’s OLED. That can have burn-in issues down the road

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can afford an Esky, you don’t worry about things like “burn in”….
besides the displays show the same thing 95% of the time so what’s to burn in? These displays aren’t like the tv’s of old.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
If you can afford an Esky, you don’t worry about things like “burn in”….
besides the displays show the same thing 95% of the time so what’s to burn in? These displays aren’t like the tv’s of old.

I mean, when I spend $100k plus on a car I’d be pretty Pissed off if the screen ends up having issues after a few years, regardless if I can afford to get it replaced.

And it really depends on what burns in. If it’s something on the main dashboard that you’d function for choosing apps, navigation, radio etc…..that’s pretty annoying. And I don’t know what you mean by the “TVs of old”. Brand new OLEDS still have burn in issues. And OLEDs pretty much hit the scene mainstream 3 years ago.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The little door is where you put your sunglasses.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that red stitching but the controls for the hvac/heated seats/heated steering wheel on that screen would get old really quick. I very much prefer having a physical button for most functions. I really wish our '21 yukon had that quick and easy camera button like the newer ones have. I never toggle the cameras as is because it requires too much digging around to get there

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that red stitching but the controls for the hvac/heated seats/heated steering wheel on that screen would get old really quick. I very much prefer having a physical button for most functions. I really wish our '21 yukon had that quick and easy camera button like the newer ones have. I never toggle the cameras as is because it requires too much digging around to get there
Can’t you drag a camera shortcut to the Home Screen?

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can’t you drag a camera shortcut to the Home Screen?
Yes you can move them but if you’re trying to quickly pull into a parking spot or parallel park or something I’m not trying to hit the home button then hit the camera icon then select the camera. With the button I’d imagine you could quickly toggle the views and have what you want pulled up before you’re even ready to park. That said it’s not very often I feel I would need the cameras but once in a while it could be helpful

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby