Exploring 2500 Purchase Options (I'm Back?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gatorintx

Reaction score
Yeah, absolutely. I wouldn’t let it be a decision maker for me, just wanted some real world opinions from people that have used it for what I envision, and based on your examples, I think you have!
My 2 cents on the bench vs captain's chairs debate. We have 3 kids, all in car seats, and a large dog. Road trips with 3 kids in car seats would be pretty miserable for me having them 3 across a middle bench seat. They would be messing with each other the entire time. Maybe all kids aren't like that, but my older boys are close in age and just can't help but to constantly mess with each other.

Also, I like the captain's chairs because then the dog has more space to lay down. She'd be pretty cramped just in the footwell area, but she loves sitting in the middle where she can be near all 3 kids and see the adults in the front seat. And because it gives the kid who sits in the back more room to get into the back, and more room for us to mess with his car seat and whatnot whenever necessary.

Speaking of child car seats - it sounds like you have them so make sure you see what kind of seating arrangements those older suburbans have that the tether anchors. Not all cars have tether anchors in all 3 bench seats (middle or third row) now, so you'd need to look into seeing what was available 10-15 years ago. That could have an impact on how you arrange the car seats.

OP
OP
jarydM

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
So, in exploring our options and what is the most financially responsible thing for us to do, I think we're now leaning toward the 2016+ 3500, especially with the excellent results had by members of this group. The most important part of this for me is to have the payload capacity to carry our family and our gear and the pin weight of the camper. Our current truck has 2000lbs of payload stock, and I've added a helper spring and E rated tires (it actually pulls quite well)

so, again, my question is this. What amount of miles on the 2016+ 6.0 block is an amount to be worried about? I think I've found our 'Burb, just trying to nail down how much I should fret about miles. It has pretty good service records, but has had stuff like the transfer case replaced. Seller offers 12 month warranty.

again, thanks for all the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jocooter