fed up with this thing (searched)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

joyride

Reaction score
12.15 was after they drove it. Haven't driven it since, and now it's at 11.72. I'd say it's been roughly 5 hours or so?

OP
OP
J

joyride

Reaction score
Nope. :(

Does wrapping tape around partially burnt wires take care of them being shorted out at all? I was hoping as long as I kept them from touching one another or something metal by wrapping them in electrical tape it'd be good but I don't know? I just assumed it was gonna be one serious PITA to cut the burnt section out and crimp the wires together to make a normal connection out of it again...but maybe that's what I'll have to do? Tough it out and do what I can to fix them the right way? I don't know where else the problem would lie...

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
individually wrap should work but keep in mind with key out those heater circuits are dead with no power. You have to look on the circuit that are hot at all times if it drains just sitting there. Perhaps sun visor light or glove box switch is busted.

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

While metering the battery pull out the ****-fuses under hood one by one until the voltage changes a little and let me know which one it was.

OP
OP
J

joyride

Reaction score
Oh ok. nice. I will get on that soon and let you know!! I'll write down everything. :)

OP
OP
J

joyride

Reaction score
Ok so it has been a long while since I posted...and I'm bringing a thread back up from the dead just for an update. Sorry it took so long, but the yukon seems to be a-ok as far as starting, and charging goes. I think it was the starter. It eventually broke one of the starter bolts, and one of the starter wires was actually loose I think. I'm not sure, but it's good, has been for a little bit.

I do have some new questions though.

Our heater only works on the 4th setting, and it comes on whenever it wants, at random and we have no idea of telling when it'll come on until we feel it blowing at us. I think someone told me before once that it's some kinda resistor in behind the glove box somewhere? I was wondering if anyone had a picture of the actual part/piece/wiring...etc. Mainly because I plan on going to the junkyard tomorrow, and was hoping to just take one off another yukon/suburban...haha

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
if you are talking fan only working on high and randomly look into the fan switch first. switch on high bypasses resistor completely.

---------- Post added at 02:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

and inspect the connector for it too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES