Feels loose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LTZNewb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to the forum. ‘11 LTZ Tahoe 179k 5.3L. Bought 2 weeks ago.
Feels a little “jumpy” when going over bumps. My thought was worn shocks, and found out it has the air assist suspension. Is the air assist only on the rear, or is it on all four? I don’t hear the pump running and am wondering if it’s worth replacing the pump and/or air shocks, or would it be better to refit with standard? Any advice is appreciated.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Feels a little “jumpy” when going over bumps. My thought was worn shocks, and found out it has the air assist suspension. Is the air assist only on the rear, or is it on all four? I don’t hear the pump running and am wondering if it’s worth replacing the pump and/or air shocks, or would it be better to refit with standard? Any advice is appreciated.
search this forum there are numerous threads on the air suspension, how it works, troubleshooting, and replacement recomendations
the "air" portion is only on the rear, the front is electronic only.
I would suggest getting under the vehicle with a flashight and inspect everything you could have other things going on like worn bushings, missing end links, etc.
tons of info on here

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
If it were me I’d do away with the air shocks all together and put some quality shock absorbers and coil overs on that rig you’ll thank yourself later

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

This is a topic that has fans for keeping the OEM air suspension, and has fans for converting to an aftermarket passive suspension parts. So, you'll have to do some reading of the threads here and make a decision for yourself.

I will say that both myself and @Big Mama have had both the OEM (OEM equipped with rear air ride) suspension and passive suspension on our trucks, and we are much happier with the OEM suspension equipped with rear air ride.