Fender flares / lower body paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you really want pictures, google images and search for line-x rockers and you will have a bunch of different trucks to look at with it.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as for the DIY kits. Herculiner worked really well on the tracker, not sure how "smooth" you could get it though. if you have a menards where your at they have it on sale with a good rebate every couple months.

just make sure you prep it really well! that and it dries out in the can pretty quick, would not try to do it on a 90+degree day.

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow thats pretty cool. so like 100 bucks to do rockers and bumpers? how much would be needed?

pic i just found
VernRockerPanels.jpg

and this tahoe is by far my all time favorite
geemons20060119b.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

arveetek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would u mind checking to see how tall they are, from the center of the wheel opening to the top? I need to make sure they're the same size as the OEM ones I have on my truck now.

The rear flares measure 5" from top to bottom in the center, and the front flares taper from 5" down to 4.5" when looking from rear to front, so right in the center, I'd call it 4 3/4".

I still expected thicker plastic than this. I haven't really examined OEM flares, but they might be thicker.

Casey

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Thanks for the posting the extra pictures, fellas! I found some more too, once I started searching some more.

I really like the red Line-X truck that Coles posted. They did a nice job on that one. The green Tahoe has the liner too far up the sides, IMO.

I'm definitely going to pursue this! Now, do I get a whole bedliner kit, or just the smaller quart cans? And I'm pretty sure I will scuff and coat the flares too, so it will all match.

Casey

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from using the herculiner gallon previously, i don't think a quart will cover the rockers, flares, and bumpers. if you have to buy 2 quarts you might as well just get the gallon kit.

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
agreed on the green its too far up but none the less thats a bad ass tahoe. dont know if black would look too good on mine unless i blacked the grill out too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus