Figured it out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
LoL I will show you gus when someone here gets the "cajones" to take a pic of thir fuse box in the engone up close!:)

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Ok there you guys go, thanks for the help NItruckdesign!
And yes thats how its goes, not sure how Intruckdesign did it, but I used a 1N4004 Diode from Radio shack to so mine so the current only flows one way (basically I can have fogs on w/o the headlights on if I wanted).
All you have to do is wire the diode the same way Intruck just showed with the gray band on the diode facing the black fog relay IIRC.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
English, please? Haha just kidding. But I am a bit confused...so if I wanted to do this, all I would need to buy is the diode? And how to do you install it?

I'd rather have a few steps than go by pictures, lol.

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Modded...used the same diode. One thing to remember is to test the pin-outs of the relays since between '07 and '08 some have changed, so grab a test light or better yet a meter.

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah what Intruck said is right, since the Pins could have possibly changed a volt meter may be needed.
Instructions:
1. By the 1N4004 Diode from Radio Shack for $1 for two
2. Get some thin gauged electrical wire from anywhere you want.
3. Cut ou about 4" of the wire you get and strip one end of the insulation.
4. Use a lighter or any little flame to heat the ends of the insulation on the end of the 4" of wire that is NOT stripped.
5. Slowly work ANY end of the diode into the space you created with heat inbetween the insulation of the wire, and the actual wire itself.
6. Now, half of the wire on the diode should be hidden behind thw wire, whil the other half is showing along with the little diode in the middle.
7. Now just connect the diode/wire assembly as shown above and you are good to go. This should work for the 07-08 models, on the 09-10 models the pin could have been changed and some more experimenting may be needed.!:Handshake:

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sounds a little bit beyond my experience level...but I'll keep this saved for when I get brigher/HID fog's.

Mine are still stock and look funny when I run with them on. :Boo:

Thanks for the write-up btw!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hm41120

Latest posts