Figured it out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onebadrado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats led for the turn signla is badass... can you get that type of bulb anywhere or do you have to order it??? thanks...

OP
OP
Modded

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Can get it anywhere, its a 3157 LED bulb but i makes the turn signal blink quicker than normal.

BC Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember someone mentioning in InTruckDesign's thread it heated up the wire/diode rather quickly...any issues like that for you guys?

I learned this because I had it plugged in and went to move the wire with the headlights/fogs on and burned myself, freaking hurt, I've been running it for a few days and no issues so far, I changed how I ran it in the pic because since it was so hot I didn't tuck the wire, it's rigid enough from the heat shrink that I left it sticking up

Foglightmod2.jpg

foglightmod.jpg

jdub5256

J-DUB
Reaction score
Well i did mine today, however when i used the 1N4004 resistor it worked fine but as soon as i would turn the high beams on it would get hot and start to smoke now i let it do it for about 8 minuntes and then eventually is would just burn through the diode and fogs would turn off. so what i did was just ran a 16 guage wire from relay to relay and every thing works fine no heat issue at all the only down fall is what another member said earlier if i want just the parking lights and fog lights on i cant do that it makes the low beams come on as well. no big deal IMO if i really want the fog lights on only i can just pop the hood and pull the wire out temporarly.

Attachments

• IMG_0137[1].jpg
    IMG_0137[1].jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 90

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is just using the wire safe? Any consequences? Also, does this work for 01-06? i have an 01. thanks guys! good write up!

jdub5256

J-DUB
Reaction score
Is just using the wire safe? Any consequences? Also, does this work for 01-06? i have an 01. thanks guys! good write up!

my buddy just traded a 04 hoe and he jumped his wire to keep the fogs on with highs but not sure how he did it. is it safe what i did i believe so. now i am no electrician so b carefull but it runs between two relays so that is a part protecion plus the high beams and fogs are fused. but the way i did it i could turn all the lights on and hold the wire and it was still cold after 5 or 6 minutes