Final got an order number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rradford45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it doesn’t really mean much but finally after dealing with 2 dealerships got an order number. Still haven’t heard from the first dealership I placed an order with a month ago. Guess if they ordered if someone else will be lucky to get it. Now to wait for the long process. Hopefully since no restraints I might get lucky and get it sooner since I sold my other vehicle and borrowing a vehicle.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
GM seems to be doing a worse job than some of their competitors regarding a coherent ordering process. I know this doesn’t help anyone here at all, it’s just a point of information.

I ordered another brand and got the order number the same day before I left the dealer. Six days later I checked the corporate care line and got a VIN and it was in scheduling. Checked in again with the dealer on day 14 and it’s been scheduled for production.

I only mention this in case some GM lurkers read these forums. Maybe it’ll help to hear they’re not measuring up. If they’re going to attempt to keep us in this constrained supply situation, and not hold inventory, the least they can do is have a transparent and modern information pipeline.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM seems to be doing a worse job than some of their competitors regarding a coherent ordering process. I know this doesn’t help anyone here at all, it’s just a point of information.

I ordered another brand and got the order number the same day before I left the dealer. Six days later I checked the corporate care line and got a VIN and it was in scheduling. Checked in again with the dealer on day 14 and it’s been scheduled for production.

I only mention this in case some GM lurkers read these forums. Maybe it’ll help to hear they’re not measuring up. If they’re going to attempt to keep us in this constrained supply situation, and not hold inventory, the least they can do is have a transparent and modern information pipeline.
Looks like GM is trying to do a better job with order tracking and is rolling out a new program for Corvette customers. The article states that the program could roll out to other vehicles soon...

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Agree with this 100%.

Just received the build sheet/window sticker on a Ram 3500 ordered from a small town dealer selling trucks all over the country. Like other brands, Ram has options that are constrained, but they arent accepting orders with those options constrained. When you order a vehicle, you actually order it - VIN generated a couple days later. GM allows you to come in and "order" a vehicle, but it means zilch in the grand scheme of things - other than you are showing interest in buying a vehicle. Local GMC dealership said they had 70 Yukons on order, I didn't even ask about their available allocations.

OP
OP
R

Rradford45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did get that today. He forgot to send it to me. I keep reading you can check status with GM. Is there a particular site I should get looking on?

OP
OP
R

Rradford45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did get that today. He forgot to send it to me. I keep reading you can check status with GM. Is there a particular site I should get looking on?
I only ask because I would like to keep track myself. Back luck with the first dealership I ordered from and it’s a month and still haven’t heard a word from them. We went to a different dealership and we ordered with them and got the order number. I know it’s going to be awhile but would like to check status weekly if possible.

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use the chat bubble on the lower right of the Chevrolet site. In general it’s not very helpful, but they will tell you when your order is accepted and, eventually when your TPD is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21DenaliXL