finally level LTZ!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Nice, Macky!

I have the Belltech rear springs, but I'm pretty sure I do NOT have shock extenders. Can anyone tell me how they mount? Is there cutting and welding involved? I think I'd like to get some -- but, maybe not if it requires cutting and welding.

Thanks!

They mount to the bottom mount meant for the shocks, then bolt into that area. Afterwards you bolt the shock into the extenders, which gains you 2" of shock travel and ride quality.
You want the Belltech 6651 shock extenders if you order them in the future.

Macky I like it, nice stance for daily driving!

OP
OP
macky

macky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i did it myself, but it was a PITA.would be 1000x's easier with a lift and air tools. i did it with a couple jackstands, factory jack, and a socket set. u need 18, 20, and 22mm sockets if i remember correctly. the shock extenders mount to where the shocks are now. the worst part of the install was getting by the parking brake cable for the new shock location.

jt321

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Whats the part number for the pedders spring? Also is your tahoe AWD?

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They mount to the bottom mount meant for the shocks, then bolt into that area. Afterwards you bolt the shock into the extenders, which gains you 2" of shock travel and ride quality.
You want the Belltech 6651 shock extenders if you order them in the future.

Thank you!

OP
OP
macky

macky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats the part number for the pedders spring? Also is your tahoe AWD?

2425 was the part number. my tahoe has 4wd, i think awd is just for the denal and esky. took a small road trip this weekend, 2hrs highway each way. i honestly think it rode the same as stock if not better.

jt321

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sweet.. The rear doesnt sit lower then front does it? Really thinking about doing this to my esky.

OP
OP
macky

macky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet.. The rear doesnt sit lower then front does it? Really thinking about doing this to my esky.

nope, right now when the air is completely out of the shocks, like when parked for a few hours it sits level. u can play with the length of the sensor rods to control how much the air ride brings it up. min are set to raise the rear a little b/c when you're on the throttle the front end sits up some. my driver side is at the perfect height. passenger side im gonna bring down just a little. i havent felt like it though. have to jack it up and take the wheel off to do it.

Termin8r27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Man that thing looks awesome and is probably the height I'd want.

What wheels are those? Your whole setup looks great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts