First trip with 2024 Yukon Denlai XL 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my first trip with the new Denali Had a 2021 before Went from New York to Florida and back
Gas milage was about the same as my 2021 Four averages of 20 and one 22 and one 23
The air ride suspension was so much nicer than the old one and the Super Cruise is amazing
Nothing bad to say so far
Went 3000 miles

BacDoc

Reaction score
As the fishing charter boat guys say
“The ride out and fishing is free, it’s the ride back home that’s what you pay for!”

Congratulations on getting home safely and some excellent mpgs! Also happy to hear good things about SuperCruise! I’m kicking myself for not getting the option as I enjoy the adaptive cruise with lane keeping assist and would love the full self driving.

I’m loving my 2024 Tahoe and have been getting some good mpg even going 80mph on the highway. Towing my 25’ 7k lbs center console boat/trailer Im getting 11/12 mpg on flat highway at 50 mph.

rswaug

Reaction score
I went from PA to FL and home twice last year on Super Cruise and was amazed at how much less driver fatigue I felt afterwards. It's worth the money for sure.

OP
OP
Bigbird

Bigbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went from PA to FL and home twice last year on Super Cruise and was amazed at how much less driver fatigue I felt afterwards. It's worth the money for sure.
Yes you would not think it would be that tiring just driving down the interstate
I was amazed also

Eighthtry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2023Yukon Denali XL. Took our first extended trip. 29 days. From Dallas over to South Carolina, then up to Chatham Massachusetts. Then Aurora, NY to see ugly pottery, then back with a short cut through Canada. We went through 6 states in one day, which is very easy to do up there. 20 total states plus Canada. Wife was nice, mostly, and let me know all of the behavior areas I can improve. I learned a lot. It's her car, so I kept my mouth shut. Went to several car museums. Newport has an outstanding museum. Cars look brand new. Lansing was Olds. Pontiac, Illinois was, well, Pontiac. Then a really nice one in Springfield, MO.

The 6.2 was silk. The 10-speed sucked in 1 and 2. Otherwise smooth. Those MagnaRides combined with air were much smoother than my 2011s, which also had MagnaRides with air ride leveling on the rear. 5,000 miles.

SuperCruise is NOT ready for prime time. Light traffic it is fine. Sharp curves and passing entrance ramps can confound it. Several times I had to take over to avert an accident. Once a shoe box was drifting way into my lane. I finally stepped on the brakes. Super never saw it. Cameras were clean. Scared the hell out of the gal when I honked though. I always look for the upside. Just don't expect much and be ready to intervene. It also shuts down at 90 mph. We have some 85 mph roads so that can make it inconvenient. In Texas our speed limits are suggestions.

We road tripped our 2011 Yukon Denali quite a bit. It has 203,000 trouble free miles, just not as quiet and smooth as the 2023. The 2023 feels much like a truck when parking, although the screens help. The 2011 is much better at that. It just not feel as big as the 2023, although it is.

I bought the big brake upgrade on the 2023. Very glad I did. I did lose the wear sensors on the front however.

I have had MagnaRides now on a 2010 CTS V (208,000 miles), the 2011 Yukon XL, 2018 Z06 (32,000 miles). and the 2023 Yukon. Best shocks in the business. Period. I had the rear shocks leak twice on the V so they had to be replaced. Otherwise I could not tell them from new.

One piece of advice on alignments with air-ride. Tell your dealer to read the damn instructions when aligning front and rear. There are very specific instructions. There is an alignment mode. It is not to be engaged until it is on the rack. The nose picker that aligned my 2023 did not read the instructions. Get it wrong and you will end up with tires worn down to the cord on the front inside. I accidentally spotted that. GMC paid to tow it to a GMC dealer at 8:00 PM. The closest to Auburn, Alabama was Lanett, Alabama. About a 30 minute tow. We just left it sitting at the dealer's lot in Lanett, hoping it would survive the night. Went to the dealer the next morning, explained the problem, he went out and looked, said they would have it ready to go in 2 1/2 hours. He knew exactly what was wrong. He also happened to have the same 22" tires. He said they learned the hard way as well. I have a conversation scheduled with my dealer in Dallas.

We will be road tripping the new one quite a bit. The wife packing for 29 days presents some multiple suitcase problems (like 10 pair of shoes), but we are working through them. Have another one to Wisconson scheduled later this year.

Eighthtry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update on my Rockwall dealer, I was well documented with the problem. He looked at his alignment versus the new alignment. Read the owners manual instructions. Wrote me a check for $500. Needed tires anyway. Still chapped. There is no excuse for that.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We road tripped our 2011 Yukon Denali quite a bit. It has 203,000 trouble free miles, just not as quiet and smooth as the 2023. The 2023 feels much like a truck when parking, although the screens help. The 2011 is much better at that. It just not feel as big as the 2023, although it is.
your 2011 is easier to park because it IS smaller than your 2023. The 2023 models are absolutely taller, a tad bit wider in the body, and longer than the previous gen models.

Last edited:

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2023Yukon Denali XL. Took our first extended trip. 29 days. From Dallas over to South Carolina, then up to Chatham Massachusetts. Then Aurora, NY to see ugly pottery, then back with a short cut through Canada. We went through 6 states in one day, which is very easy to do up there. 20 total states plus Canada. Wife was nice, mostly, and let me know all of the behavior areas I can improve. I learned a lot. It's her car, so I kept my mouth shut. Went to several car museums. Newport has an outstanding museum. Cars look brand new. Lansing was Olds. Pontiac, Illinois was, well, Pontiac. Then a really nice one in Springfield, MO.

The 6.2 was silk. The 10-speed sucked in 1 and 2. Otherwise smooth. Those MagnaRides combined with air were much smoother than my 2011s, which also had MagnaRides with air ride leveling on the rear. 5,000 miles.

SuperCruise is NOT ready for prime time. Light traffic it is fine. Sharp curves and passing entrance ramps can confound it. Several times I had to take over to avert an accident. Once a shoe box was drifting way into my lane. I finally stepped on the brakes. Super never saw it. Cameras were clean. Scared the hell out of the gal when I honked though. I always look for the upside. Just don't expect much and be ready to intervene. It also shuts down at 90 mph. We have some 85 mph roads so that can make it inconvenient. In Texas our speed limits are suggestions.

I bought the big brake upgrade on the 2023. Very glad I did. I did lose the wear sensors on the front however.

I have had MagnaRides now on a 2010 CTS V (208,000 miles), the 2011 Yukon XL, 2018 Z06 (32,000 miles). and the 2023 Yukon. Best shocks in the business. Period. I had the rear shocks leak twice on the V so they had to be replaced. Otherwise I could not tell them from new.

One piece of advice on alignments with air-ride. Tell your dealer to read the damn instructions when aligning front and rear. There are very specific instructions. There is an alignment mode. It is not to be engaged until it is on the rack. The nose picker that aligned my 2023 did not read the instructions. Get it wrong and you will end up with tires worn down to the cord on the front inside. I accidentally spotted that. GMC paid to tow it to a GMC dealer at 8:00 PM. The closest to Auburn, Alabama was Lanett, Alabama. About a 30 minute tow. We just left it sitting at the dealer's lot in Lanett, hoping it would survive the night. Went to the dealer the next morning, explained the problem, he went out and looked, said they would have it ready to go in 2 1/2 hours. He knew exactly what was wrong. He also happened to have the same 22" tires. He said they learned the hard way as well. I have a conversation scheduled with my dealer in Dallas.

We will be road tripping the new one quite a bit. The wife packing for 29 days presents some multiple suitcase problems (like 10 pair of shoes), but we are working through them. Have another one to Wisconson scheduled later this year.
Great story.....I like your sense if humor. I, too, am a fan of road trips in a nice machine. Stop by my place in WI on your next trip.....if your wife will let you. LOL

BacDoc

Reaction score
Update on my Rockwall dealer, I was well documented with the problem. He looked at his alignment versus the new alignment. Read the owners manual instructions. Wrote me a check for $500. Needed tires anyway. Still chapped. There is no excuse for that.
Thanks for this info!

When my truck is due for alignment I will definitely bring this up with the service guy at my dealership. So far this dealership has been very good to me with the last few trucks Ive had but this is first one with air suspension/magnetic ride. You would think by now that all the techs should be aware of this!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerardojr83

Latest posts