Flex Fuel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Not worth it imo. E85 @ $3.29, $85 to fill it up from empty barely got 280 miles on the tank. 87 Gas @3.49 $90 and i got once 418 all highway. so off my mumbers thats 138 miles difference at the cost of 5 bucks more. So where is the savings? It cost me about 30 bucks to get about 140 miles in the tank according to the Dic.

steelcityk9cop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ran E85 a good bit back when the market crashed and gas prices jumped back in 08. The corn prices were quite a bit lower back then so it was a much better deal than it is now.

I didn't quite see a 33% drop in fuel economy but it was close. It ran hot and extremely clean. I can't back it up with any stats but the engine seemed to run smoother for a good 6 months after as if it was "cleaned".

If I could get it easier I would run a few tanks of it a year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

blairian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen any stations around where I am at - I wouldn't mind running it for **** and grins - but doubt it would be worth the mileage drop..

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2