Flowmaster 50's and in Cab drone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kope

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Flowmaster 50's on there Tahoe? i wanna do true Dual exhaust with 2.5 piping and two mufflers? I like the tone of 40's but there way to loud in cab for me.
My Dad has a 72 Blazer that he just did a off frame resto on it and swapped in a L97 TPI engine into it, and he's running the 50's and i was really impressed on how little cab drone there was, and his truck doesn't have carpet or anything in the back...

grimm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might be able to find something on Youtube to help you get a better idea.

But for what its worth, an acquaintance of mine used the 50 series on his '98 Suburban and it was pretty quiet inside, cabin drone was not an issue.

yukondoit

Stay Classy
Reaction score
In my 94 2 door, I have flowmaster 40's that are dumped. Sounds nice and mean.. bassy. But the drone can get bad. I'm thinking if I ran the pipes to the rear bumper it wouldn't sound as loud as it does.

OP
OP
kope

kope

Reaction score
In my 94 2 door, I have flowmaster 40's that are dumped. Sounds nice and mean.. bassy. But the drone can get bad. I'm thinking if I ran the pipes to the rear bumper it wouldn't sound as loud as it does.

i friend of mine had a super 40 on his 95 blazer with the 4.3 and it was way to loud in the cab.

yukondoit

Stay Classy
Reaction score
Yeah it gets real loud when the tach hits 2000-2500. 2250 is the sweet spot..
I like it but the wife and daughter don't seem to care for it. I got this all done before I was married or had our daughter. My 02 don't have an exhaust on it, but the intake it has on it is loud. haha.

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flowmasters are notorious for drone which is why il never have one on my vehicle. My Borla muffler sounds perfect but it was also expensive.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I laid dynamat on the underside and inside to keep the drone out...Bad drones

B

yukonjon

Reaction score
i use the dual in dual out 50 series and absolutely love it. Its not very loud but has a nice deep tone when accelerating and almost no resonance in the cabin. It definitely cost a lil more but i think it was well worth the price. I like the quieter sound and deep tone so to me it was worth it.

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Prior to my current Magnaflow catback, I ran a 2.25" DI/DO DeltaFlow 50/SUV...tails exiting at bumper. The setup had a nice, mellow rumble at idle and an authoritative note under acceleration. I've still got the muffler in my garage. As far as drone, it wasn't bad, but had more drone than my current setup.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968