Flowmaster, Magnaflow, or something else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdiacont322

Reaction score
Im looking for a muffler for my 97 tahoe, as I'm currently running open cats and I want to get it to sound a bit nicer with some added power while still keeping it LOUD :boti:

im going to run a merge pipe to run the duals into one 3 inch... then im gonna run the three inch tailpipe. What do you guys suggest?

Mike

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
If you want LOUD, you could run bullets... it'll be just a hair quieter than straight pipes, but will have a bit more of a controlled tone. If you want quieter than than, you've got a lot of options.

I personally prefer a quieter setup than what it seems you're after.... Magnaflow is generally going to be quieter than Flowmaster and have less drone as well. I've been very happy with my Magnaflow catback. Better performance and quieter than the Flowmaster setup I had on it before.

Is it 2012 yet?
Reaction score
I went thrush two chambers good sound and only 30 dollars a piece from jegs. Sound better than the flows I had for sure.

TheBeast99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya i was gonna go with Cherry Bombs too - not glass packs, but still. Mainly doing it cuz every truck around here sounds like it has a Flowmaster or Magnaflow on it >_>
going for something a bit louder and meaner than those.

Is it 2012 yet?
Reaction score
Buddy has the warlock mufflers on his when he wants louder he uncaps it for open sound. Capped sounds damn mean too big thing with those is a xpipe to eliminate the pops.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mdiacont322

mdiacont322

Reaction score
sorry to inform you guys, but i blew the trans in my hoe so im gonna have to wait on an exhaust... i ordered the HD 4l60e from monster:burnout:

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Sweet man. You'll enjoy your new tranny, mate it with an automatic floor shifter. I got the SS mega Monster from them. Still waiting to put it in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Open Road