Fluids please. Need to know what to get.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best place I've found to buy AC/Delco fluids, filters, and some/most parts is Amazon. Good price and free shipping with enough $ total.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to disagree but I don't see anything in the owners manual on replacing the pcv. Even doing a word search it's not mentioned. Crankcase, etc....this is in the pdf version.
Not saying you can't replace it if you feel like it, but if you service your vehicle properly should last a long long time. Has someone found something that GM put out saying the 2015-2020 pcv needs to be changed?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Not to disagree but I don't see anything in the owners manual on replacing the pcv. Even doing a word search it's not mentioned. Crankcase, etc....this is in the pdf version.
Not saying you can't replace it if you feel like it, but if you service your vehicle properly should last a long long time. Has someone found something that GM put out saying the 2015-2020 pcv needs to be changed?
PCV is a maintenance item and they do get clogged and wear out. If you wait for the problem caused by that, well that is MONEY. I never wait till my DIC says I need to change engine oil. I tend to do ALL maintenances early. The PCV is easy enough to change and is a wear item. GM has said coolant is 150k miles coolant. Not gonna wait that long for the maintenance on that, either. But, I will never say that following what the owner's manual says to do is a bad thing.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear yeah people suck at maintenance. My experience the pcv gets clogged because people like to neglect changing their oil. But 15k to replace it. No offense but that's throwing MONEY away. Maybe check it every 15k and make sure it still works or clean it. Like I said, nothing in the owners manual saying replace every x miles. If it wore out that quick I think you would see alot of complaints about them.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I hear yeah people suck at maintenance. My experience the pcv gets clogged because people like to neglect changing their oil. But 15k to replace it. No offense but that's throwing MONEY away. Maybe check it every 15k and make sure it still works or clean it. Like I said, nothing in the owners manual saying replace every x miles. If it wore out that quick I think you would see alot of complaints about them.
Because people do suck at maintenance, that is why I said every 15k miles. I personally run Mobil 1 full synthetic and do my oil changes every 4k miles, or sooner because I just want to. Most don't do things on their trucks like I do. See my build thread to see what I mean. IMO, not throwing money away.

My dad taught me the statement I say in my signature: "Maintenance pays and breakdowns cost".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Voncrutch