Fog light/DTRL project. Almost done.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wgs301

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I will make this short I really do not like the factory fog lights on my 04 Yukon. I got a smooth valance without the fog light cut outs. I am liking the look now. I just installed led bumper lights and eyed the DTRL as possible my new fogs. Today I basically snipped the fog light conectors and ran them straight into the DTRL lights. So now I can hit the fog light button and the daytimes will come on when I want. However, now the turns and the rear lamps come on whenever I turn on the fog/dtrl. So I believe my orginal question should be how can I by pass the fog lights to mainly come on and off without the factory settings of turns and rears being on? Thanks.

scoobyxj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the Parking lamps are now coming on with the DTR lamps, or only when you use the Fog circuit to activate the lamps? If they're coming on with the DTR lamps then use a relay to isolate the spliced in fog wiring (Fog circuit activates the relay to then power up the DTR lamps.). If they come on with the fog lamps (like they do with how the OEM has it) then there's not much you can do without either bypassing the BCM, creating a logic circuit to use the OEM switch, or just wiring up a separate switch to activate the lamps. The BCM controls the exterior lamps and it tells the parking lamps to come on with the fog lamps.

OP
OP
W

wgs301

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I will have the weekend off to finish this. Post some pics too.