Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing I could think of that would makes this thing any better would be bags. Hell its already so damn perfect

Thx man. Lower? Pretty happy with the stance now, but that would be pretty sick. At least wth the roads here it could be done.

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
to me its perfect as is and if it were mine the only thing I could see to do next to it is some form of air ride

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hit the engine bay with 2 rounds of Simple Green the other night to break up the dirt and grime. it rinsed out pretty clean. Got in there today with a healthy dose of 303 for shine as I had some extra in my shed.

I followed ezdaar's thread to make sure I had all the necessary areas covered before letting the hose loose under the hood. I did not use a pressure washer this time, but it wasn't bad enough to need it honestly. The gun on the hose was plenty strong to do what I needed. His write up is straightforward and very easy to follow. Now just get in there and do it. It sure makes a world of difference.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/cleaning-your-engine-bay.72806/

Looks pretty good, save a few spots of surface rust and oxidation, e.g. alternator and bolt heads.
I hit the surface rust down on the frame with some rattle can paint just to even it out and took off a few bolts and painted them on the side. Needs some more love, but this was a good start and looks a lot better than it did the other day.

Just continuing to detail in different areas. The only problem with that detail eye is that you notice any little imperfection or area that needs attention and makes that work list grow a bit more.

IMG_5816.JPG
IMG_5817.JPG
IMG_5818.JPG

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at that new hood...

Been debating on the HD hood or going with the ZL1 styled hood personally

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I officially surrender to you :emotions133: