Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkmcclelland

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Yukon SLT 2 with every option you can imagine... The original sticker was $53,000 +/-

Looked the other day and a huge 8' "Y" shaped crack appeared on the speedometer cluster dome....

Took it by a local dealership here in South Georgia and asked about GM splitting the cost of labor... The service manager looked at me, put his hands up and said, "No worries about that, we cover the cost of this repair. My wife's Denali had 20,000 miles and done the same thing; along with almost every other Tahoe and Yukon we get in here. I can have it by Monday at 8 AM"

Call around, dealerships WILL do this for free! Or just call Edwards Motors in Moultrie, Ga (229) 798-4956

Donovan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealerships get credit from gm on defective parts and labor cost. I talked to a buddy at my local ford dealership. He said Ford does that recall or not. I would assume gm does the same I took tahoe in for some other work. They replaced the windshield wiper water heater and cut me a $150 dollar check. For any inconvenience. I was shocked

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I thought I would post an update to my dash crack problem...

Here is a pic of the recent crack activity with my wife’s Denali. Went from a crack to this in one pop! It seems like the defrost vent has shifted and is putting pressure on the panel, but I haven’t been able to fully diagnose the problem yet, as I just took a quick look at it this morning before I left for work. But I was able to get an idea of how the panel fits by inspecting the crack, so I know I can easily replace the panel myself if I have to. Calling GM in just a bit!

DenaliDashCrack.jpg

You got lucky that crack isn't on the dash itself. That piece is seperate from the dashboard. this is my 07 Yukon it has the dash that's cracked.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339883585.112503.jpg

lx4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its crazy why it would happen in the same area in most all GM NNBS Trucks as if there is pressure built it and after time and heat it causes it to crack there must be like a pressure clip near there.

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
big Q?

if you have the dash replaced, how long before the new dash cracks again?

that would be annoying :(

Yo Eleven

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello. I posted here some months ago about my dash cracking on my Yukon Denali. I did want to post a follow up. I did get SOME satisfaction. GM goodwilled me a new dashboard but it took several phone calls. Going back and forth with the district manager. They would not pay for the labor but was able to negotiate a reasonable price for installation at the dealership. GM would only SHIP the part to the dealership so I could not go to a mom and pop auto repair shop. That was a bit crappy. But was able to get a good price so I was satisfied. It could have been worse. But I have a new problem now which I will post in the appropriate thread. In summary, keep calling GM if you have this problem. You should at least get some help. Good luck.

biggbucs3327

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I had the exact same issue on a 2008 Tahoe LTZ with 45k miles on it. The front dashboard started to crack a little last winter and by this spring I had a huge crack in it (6 inches at least).

I just took my truck into Steve Moore Chevrolet here in Charlotte and they have just replied that they will replace the entire dashboard at full cost so that was a big relief.

Attachments

• IMG_0496[1].jpg
    IMG_0496[1].jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0497[1].jpg
    IMG_0497[1].jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 24

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey man, you in Charlotte. Me too. I think you are the first one I have seen on here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024 Tahoe Brian