Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pimpske

Reaction score
This is exactly where my crack is in my 2007 lt tahoe.hope something gets done about this...
I have never used anything on my dashboard but a damp cloth to clean it. I always park under a carport, with my sun visor in the windshield whenever it's parked.

Today I got in the the truck, and this is what I saw.

attachment.php

View attachment 6152

This has to be a factory defect.

I had the truck over at the dealership this afternoon for another common issue; the differential was acting up, and I mentioned my dash, but because my 3/36,000 warranty is up they said there was nothing they could do.

That sucks!

BAMFTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
cracked dash

yup I have the exact same issues. cracked dash on passenger side near the air bag and drivers side near the hump.

BBHOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Son of a.....

Wish I would have read this forum before I had already replaced my dash myself! I had similar cracks to everyone else here, one right behind the hump of the cluster, and 2 behind the cover for the passenger airbag. I'm at 90K miles now, I didnt even think about going to the dealership because I figured they would turn me down in a heartbeat. I wonder if GM will at least reimburse me for the part I bought, its not like they have to pay for the 5 hours labor I spent on it! Anyone think I'll have any luck?

Freenaz

Reaction score
As I read this during lunch I realized I wouldn't be able to get any work done until I went and checked mine out. Shit! I didn't see it 3 weeks ago when I bought it. Turns out I have a crack above the passengers side airbag like everyone else. Oh well once the extended warranty transfer is complete I can get it fixed but I might wait until its closer to the warranty expiration.

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My girlfriends and my dad's (both have 07 LTZ's) have the crack by the passenger air bag.....has there been anything on this yet to get it fixed?
Get GM's number, and complain about it. That's what I did. I took mine to the dealer, they told me it was out of warranty, and they gave me gm's number. I talk to gm and told them that I don't ride the dashboard, which ever way they look at it, the dashboard is still new. It's not like the engine, tires, etc. It never touches the road, so there should be no reason, as to why it had cracked. Sound pissed though, don't give in, if you do, you are fu&$ed. Within a week, they had called me back, and told me to take it to the dealer, so they can inspect it. I did, 2 days later i had a new dashboard, no charge to me. It only takes about 4 hours for them to do, as long as they have the dashboard in stock, if they have to order it, that's another story. Hope this helps.

rrowland

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Crack in Dash on 2007 GMC Yukon

We purchased a 2007 GMC Yukon two (2) weeks ago from today from a local GMC Dealer in Dunn, NC. When we purchased the vehicle, we went back that evening to pick up the Yukon, and while sitting in their front door and the salesman was showing us the features the dask made a loud noise and cracked right above the speedomoter. The Dealership Owner saw the crack before we drove it off.

We talked with their dash repairman today, he said the 2007 and 2008's are all cracking. He said it is a stress crack and cannot be repaired, it has to be replaced.

The Dealership is refusing to replace the dash. He wants us to pay.

We called the GMC Customer Service 1-800-462-8782 .

They said currently there is no recall, the more telephone complaints from customers, then there will be a recall.

Make surew you pass the word on this problem and have everyone call that has problems and maybe they will fix their mistakes.

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We purchased a 2007 GMC Yukon two (2) weeks ago from today from a local GMC Dealer in Dunn, NC. When we purchased the vehicle, we went back that evening to pick up the Yukon, and while sitting in their front door and the salesman was showing us the features the dask made a loud noise and cracked right above the speedomoter. The Dealership Owner saw the crack before we drove it off.

We talked with their dash repairman today, he said the 2007 and 2008's are all cracking. He said it is a stress crack and cannot be repaired, it has to be replaced.

The Dealership is refusing to replace the dash. He wants us to pay.

We called the GMC Customer Service 1-800-462-8782 .

They said currently there is no recall, the more telephone complaints from customers, then there will be a recall.

Make surew you pass the word on this problem and have everyone call that has problems and maybe they will fix their mistakes.

You shouldn't of left the dealer, even if you had signed papers, as long as the car is in the dealer it belongs to them. But i'm assuming the you left the lot with the car. Is the car still under warranty from Chevy? Is it under 100k mles on it. if it is, call gm, don't be nice about it. Tell them exactly what you think of this crack on your car, that it's bs. Of course they're going to tell you there is no recall on this. If you stick to your guns, they'll send you back to the dealer for inspection, and once the dealer tells them is a stress crack, they'll replace it for free. That's how I got mine fixed, and yes for "FREE". Just remember this saying, a dog that never barks, never gets a bone. So bark man, bark.

nikole.957

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine also cracked almost at the same spot as yours. Mine is just on the left side of the hump. I bought it at Carmax and they are repairing it under there 30 day warrenty!

Attached are pics of the crack in the dash of my 2007 Tahoe. I am convinced this is a manufacturer defect and am looking for anyone else that has noticed a similar crack in their dash. I have found others on the net that have the same crack in the same spot.

Freenaz

Reaction score
As I read this during lunch I realized I wouldn't be able to get any work done until I went and checked mine out. Shit! I didn't see it 3 weeks ago when I bought it. Turns out I have a crack above the passengers side airbag like everyone else. Oh well once the extended warranty transfer is complete I can get it fixed but I might wait until its closer to the warranty expiration.
Come to find out the warranty doesn't cover cosmetic items so I called GM (1-800-462-8782). They took my info and sent me to the dealership for evaluation. Dealership said since I wasn't the original owner there may be nothing I can do but would check.
So now I'm getting a new dash tomorrow at no cost. He said GM is trying to create repeat customers through better customer service.

denayer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had to pay $200 to get mine replaced.
Still pissed off at GM for not taking this issue serious and putting out a recall.
I am done with GM after 20 yrs of loyalty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968