Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
***UPDATE - POSSIBLE BULLETIN STATUS***

Just wanted to update everyone on my experience with GM and local dealer on the dashboard issue alot of us are having.

I brought my 2007 tahoe (out of 3yr/36k warranty) into my local dealer yesterday.

Chevy customer service scheduled the appointment for me earlier in the week and told me that if this dealer classifies the crack as a "defect", then Chevy would offer some "cost assistance".

I was fully prepared to have to battle my service rep to get them to say it's a defect, but it was actually the complete opposite. They said they were going to replace the dash and bill GM....THAT DAY! I was out the door 3 hours later and at ZERO cost to me.

The most interesting part was that the rep said they ordered the part once the appointment was made earlier that week. The thing is - the appointment was a consultation only. No service was scheduled on my end. This makes me think that this issue could be at the "bulletin" status that people have talked about on here. ie, the dealer has to fix it if the customer brings it up.

I can't say this is the case 100%, but it might be worth looking into again for those of you who were denied the replacement at an earlier point.

pjwells

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cracked dash

You give me hope on this issue. I questioned the dealership about 6 months ago concerning this issue with no action on their part. It seems though that there have been so many affected that GM is now having to recognize the defect. I will contact my dealer again tomorrow and hope they will own up and fix the problem.

FLtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck - if they fight it, i would keep pushing back. there are just too many IDENTICAL cracks for it to be the user's fault.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add me to the list. I was driving my wife's 07 yesterday and noticed a crack on the passenger side by the airbag.

This really pisses me off that this happens on a 4 yr old truck. My 1993 Acura stays in the sun it's whole life and the dash is only cracked by the defrosters where it is all plastic. Where it is the molded vinyl it is still perfect. All this plastic sucks.

I guess I am going to have to go to the dealer soon. I really don't want them touching my truck. Especially to pull the dash out of it.

rjnkajun

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just noticed this on my 2007 Tahoe. I fully expected this to happen eventually, but just not at 46k miles.

I contacted Kristie at 866-790-5600 x11330. It was kind of humerous - when she answered, I simply said, "Hi, I was hoping you could help me with an issue I'm having with my 2007 Tahoe." Her response was, "Are you from the forum?" She went on to tell me she no longer works in that dept, but connected me to the appropriate rep at 800-222-1020. This tells me, I think, that our voice is somewhat being heard. I have an appointment at the local dealer and they are telling me that they will offer "cost assisstance" if the dealer tells me that it's a defect. I fully expect him not to, so I plan on going prepared. I'm printing every post on every forum I can find and I'm also downloading and going to show him this youtube.com video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ikSCklf7g8).

If I caused the crack I would own up to it. I expect GM to do the same and be accountable for corners they cut when manufacturing these vehicles. Needless to say...

I will not go quietly!

So what was the outcome? did they repair it? seems my my truck was originally from FL i bought in TX used.. and 4 days after i purchased it i noticed the cracks! i have photos of the day i bought it no cracks! Sad how GM takes our money in a bailout and tries to screw us!

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

PLEASE EVERYONE POST PHOTOs of the cracks so when we bring a copy of this forum to the dealerships we can show how similar and the locations! AMMO AMMO AMMO! once had a friend had paint coming off his car in chunks brought the paint chips to the dealership gave them 3 chances to fix it.... when they said they would not repaint he walked out to the show room on a busy weekend and showed the pain chips to everyperson in the dealership and threatened to do it everyday untill they fixxed the issue! and they took his car in that day!

As people/ consumers we need to stand together; to many times Big biz gets over on us and we are at there mercy! the sales guy tells us sure that will be covered but when we go in to repair it its not covered! or just out of the warranty an issue comes up! this is BS you make a $Hitty Product you fix it.. Take more pride in your workmanship GM we Bailed you out now take care of your loyal cust! i have not owned anything other then GM in the last 20yrs!

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rjnkajun - I think you, me, and White07Tahoe need to all show up at a dealership at the same time since we are all in SE LA. And anyone else we find.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Just out of curiosity. Is this happening on the Avalanches and LTZ trucks or just the SUVs? Even the videos on YouTube only show the SUVs.

White07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rjnkajun - I think you, me, and White07Tahoe need to all show up at a dealership at the same time since we are all in SE LA. And anyone else we find.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Just out of curiosity. Is this happening on the Avalanches and LTZ trucks or just the SUVs? Even the videos on YouTube only show the SUVs.

I'm down for this! I'm sick of looking at the crack everyday.

504zo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same issue i was detailing my truck the other day and noticed it. I guess i will have to bring it in and be ready for a fight.

rjnkajun

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

man i am down for it have you all called the GM number to set up an appt?

I contacted the 800# somone provided earlier on here.. and last night RICK or RITT from GM called told me this is the highest level that this will go! and he will help me set up an appt with the closest dealer. so who is the Closest for everyone? im in LULING so from NOLA to BR im good to go to any!

also look me up on facebook if that is easier to contact me.. Wade Dufrene

the guys number and direct ext is 1866-790 5700 ext 21205 but before we bombard this kid lets get our ducks in a row.... contact me at Wdufrene1 (AT) *** (DOT) net.

lets all meet up or call to discuss what we can do together!
does anyone have friends or family at any GM dealership? maybe inside help at all? im askin around my family righ tnow to see if anyone knows anyone..

what about other areas near by like BR or Lake Charles? anone fromt eh thread in 504 225 985 337 area codes? lets make this as big as we can and do it on a busy SAT when there are others in teh show room! best time to get action is when they can loose $$$$$$$

hit me up lets get the ball rolling ill stall on my apointment till i find out where yall want to go! or if i hear of a simpathetic dealer near by!