Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billy76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 Tahoe dashboard cracked!

I have never used anything on my dashboard but a damp cloth to clean it. I always park under a carport, with my sun visor in the windshield whenever it's parked.

Today I got in the the truck, and this is what I saw.

attachment.php

photo.jpg

This has to be a factory defect.

I had the truck over at the dealership this afternoon for another common issue; the differential was acting up, and I mentioned my dash, but because my 3/36,000 warranty is up they said there was nothing they could do.

That sucks!

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those following this thread, just call gm directly, they will have you take the hoe to the dealer for inspection, this is happening often enough. Forget the dealer, theyll just give you the run around. call gm directly. I'm having my dashboard replace free of charge, of course you have to complain, and tell them it's unacceptable. 07 Tahoe LS

White07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am too lazy to read the whole tread but I have the same problem on my 07 tahoe. The crack starts at the top left of the pas airbag and runs towards the front of the truck. Common problem? Solutions?

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

I just read some more and saw that it is a common problem. So, I'm going to try my luck at a local stealership and if that doesen't work then go up to GM.

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am too lazy to read the whole tread but I have the same problem on my 07 tahoe. The crack starts at the top left of the pas airbag and runs towards the front of the truck. Common problem? Solutions?

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

I just read some more and saw that it is a common problem. So, I'm going to try my luck at a local stealership and if that doesen't work then go up to GM.
Forget the dealer, just call GM. Dealer just gives you the runaround, specially if your hoe is out of warranty

Jleejr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 Yukon Dashboard cracks

I have a 2007 Tahoe, and have recently found a crack on the front dash. I was wondering if anybody else has had issues with the dash cracking for no apparent reason. By the way, it is on the back side of the top dash right behind the airbag cut out for the passenger.

My 2007 Yukon also is cracked by the airbag and by the left side of the steering wheel hump. If you know of any redress from GMC or of any class action law suits please let me know.

Filthy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is a firm out of Dallas, TX that is getting ready to take on GM over this exact issue. There will be a process of contacting owners of the vehicles effected, and having them sign a "petition" of sorts. It will probably be closer to first quater 2011, before we see anything come out of this, but its happening. Best case scenerio would be for them to force GMs hand in this, and hopefully they will release a TSB on this issue, and belly up to their design flaw that has caused this problem in 1,000's of vehicles.

denayer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same issue here on my 2007 LT.

I just noticed it today, this was the coldest day since last winter here in Kansas. After we went out to shop some and the inside temp went up with some sun light on the dash the crack formed back in place. At first it was offset with a raised mismatch. I take great care of my Tahoe, I think it is a great vehicle, garaged and clean.

The Door Handle chrome came loose and we had a recall for those, maybe this will end up being a recall too.

I hit 66k this week and am out of warranty, but I think they will have to cover this.

Here are the images:

http://www.dannydenayer.com/images/Tahoe_Dash_1.JPG

http://www.dannydenayer.com/images/Tahoe_Dash_2.JPG

http://www.dannydenayer.com/images/Tahoe_Dash_2.JPG

timjohnson22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dash was cracked in the same area. I took it to the dealership for another issue and a tech told me that the dash is under warrenty and I could get it fixed. He said that alot of dealerships will try to turn you away because it takes so long to fix. I would take it to another dealership try a GMC dealership.

red02chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My girlfriends and my dad's (both have 07 LTZ's) have the crack by the passenger air bag.....has there been anything on this yet to get it fixed?