Front door Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YUOnDaGround

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off I have search and I couldn't find an answer.

1. Dealing with the front door speakers, there seems to be two speaker mounts in the door. Is this an option from one stereo to another? As in cheaper systems get smaller speakers and the better systems get bigger speakers?

2. I ask this because I looked at the grille today and there seems to be two holes, one upper (4.5"-5") and then a lower (6"-6.5") On my truck the top hole has a speaker in it and the bottom doesn't.

3. Could someone fill me in. Thanks for your time.

2002 Tahoe Z71
I don't see the word bose anywhere So I guess I don't have that system
I do have a factory sub.

Johnny Racer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am no expert and not 100% but I would think that the Bose system would utilize a 6.5 speaker like on my 99. Hopefully someone else can back that theory up with certainty.

OP
OP
YUOnDaGround

YUOnDaGround

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am no expert and not 100% but I would think that the Bose system would utilize a 6.5 speaker like on my 99. Hopefully someone else can back that theory up with certainty.

My truck doesn't have Bose so I just wanted to make sure that I can put a 6.5" speaker in the front doors.

rsbilins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 01' Yukon SLT and it has tweeters in the top holes. they are normal size pillar tweeters in a larger adapter made to fit the top hole in the door. and then i have the normal 6.5 speaker i think in the bottom hole. i don't know anything about the tweeter i just had the door apart yesterday to replace a window regulator.

OP
OP
YUOnDaGround

YUOnDaGround

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 01' Yukon SLT and it has tweeters in the top holes. they are normal size pillar tweeters in a larger adapter made to fit the top hole in the door. and then i have the normal 6.5 speaker i think in the bottom hole. i don't know anything about the tweeter i just had the door apart yesterday to replace a window regulator.

Ok, I only have a speaker in the top hole and bottom one is not used. Just a black blank piece.

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 6.5 and tweeter in mine. I went with component speakers back in there. Sounds great.

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is having two speakers in the front door a common setup?

Well, it came with all GM Trucks. Most of them on the lot were 10 speaker systems. So really yes, most all Tahoe's have 2 speakers in the front doors.

Also, I would suggest replacing all the doors with Infinity KAPPA's. I currently run these in my front doors, and then a set of Infinity Reference 6032SI's in the rear doors (The rear doors did not have tweeters).

After that, I would also replace the tweeters in the rear pillars in the cargo area as well and run them to an amp. Depending on what brand you choose, and who you buy it from, price range can vary. Personally, don't skip out on the Audio portion of the truck. You have to drive it everyday, so make sure your happy with what you put in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100