Front end parts...what brand?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

emilime75

Reaction score
Wasn't sure if I should post this here or in general discussion but, here goes. I've got an 05 Suburban with a 2/3 drop. I need to replace the pitman and idler arms and am considering replacing ball joints tie rod ends as well. GM parts are a bit pricy so I'm looking for suggestions as to what brands make good steering parts for our trucks. Are GM factory parts made by AC Delco?

Wake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like Moog, Raybestos, and AC Delco.

I don't remember about Moog but Raybestos and AC Delco have two grades, regular and professional grade parts. The best prices I've found have been on Amazon.

Reaction score
I used to use Moog in all of my plow trucks with great success but that's when they offered a lifetime warrantee on their products. From what I've researched they now only offer something like one year. I have since changed to Raybestos Professional grade series and had good success with this line. I usually get them from Rockauto.

ashelm

Reaction score
I would stay with MOOG they have grease fittings so keep them greased on a regular bases. Like every 2000-3000 miles. Get your self a grease gun and do it your self. You know its done wright that way. With 34+ years, ASE Certified Suspension Tech, You can take that to the bank, I know I have. LOL

Wake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would stay with MOOG they have grease fittings so keep them greased on a regular bases. Like every 2000-3000 miles. Get your self a grease gun and do it your self. You know its done wright that way. With 34+ years, ASE Certified Suspension Tech, You can take that to the bank, I know I have. LOL

I have Moog tie rods and Raybestos Pro Grade idler arm, idler, and pitman arm. The Raybestos has grease fittings, but the thing I really like about them is they have a pretty tough grease boot, makes the Moog and Delco boots look whimpy.

Grease guns are important. I just purchased a new Lincoln 1134 model, hoping it will be my last one. I've got about 4 other guns in the garage that are going in the trash when I get the Lincoln up.

Being an ASE suspension guy, give us the rundown on good hand pump grease guns from your experience. Every gun I've bought up to this point has been junk. They either don't prime well or the plungers sink past the grease all the way to the top of the pump leaving the grease inaccessible. I haven't put more than a single tube of grease through any of them before having to buy a new one.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out rockauto.com....great prices on front end parts.

z0lt3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Moog pitman arm has a grease fitting and a lifetime warranty. It was cheapest from Advance Auto using all the coupons they offer online w/ local pickup. The rest of the linkage parts I used ebay OE BRAND knock-offs (inner/outer tie rods, idler arm, idler pivot) and I was happy with the quality of these parts considering the cost savings (they have grease fittings as well). However, the OE BRAND pitman is not properly manufactured so you definitely need to make sure you spend the $$ on a good pitman. I would also suggest doing the energy suspension poly sway bar linkage upgrade.

OP
OP
E

emilime75

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time figuring out what the OE part numbers are for these parts. Pitman arm, idler arm, inner and outer tie rods. 2005 Suburban 1500. I'm thinking of spending the extra bucks on OEM parts.

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time figuring out what the OE part numbers are for these parts. Pitman arm, idler arm, inner and outer tie rods. 2005 Suburban 1500. I'm thinking of spending the extra bucks on OEM parts.

C1500 (2WD)

Idler Arrm - 19178433

Pitman Arm - 19168944

Center Link - 19149619

Inner Tie Rod - 15295861

Outer Tie Rod Ends - 19149617

Steering Damper - 15059138

Glendejd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Moog make some of the oem parts? I just replaced the whole front end with all Moog parts. Saved almost $300 from rockauto over my gm supplier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T2003