Front HVAC blower motor intermittent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have looked at them, all look good. No traces of heat.
I mean the harness that plugs into the blower motor? the tip can get burned inside, mine was partially melted inside from the outside it looked fine, but when I pulled the motor out and looked in the slot you could see it. all it takes is a little bit and it makes the motor stop working.

OP
OP
02Lightning

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean the harness that plugs into the blower motor? the tip can get burned inside, mine was partially melted inside from the outside it looked fine, but when I pulled the motor out and looked in the slot you could see it. all it takes is a little bit and it makes the motor stop working.
Yep, well aware it gets hot there and melts. I paid close attention when I took it apart. All looked good.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well intermittent issues are a real b*tch, if you have a junkyard around I would throw a used blower motor at anyway just to see. the hvac modules are not cheap and "might" need programming, mine did. it worked but the rear would only blow warm if it was set to 90, put it on 89 and it would blow ice cold after a crap load of troubleshooting turned out it just needed to be programmed to to my vin.

if you buy a blower motor online be sure it is the right one there are 2 versions. the earlier models had a slot for cold air to blow on the motor from the hvac box, the later models were self cooling and the hvac box did not have the hole for the air. a later version motor may still fit but you would have to plug that hole.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and just looked at rockauto at the motors and there information is incorrect, shows both motors but the description/crossover years is wrong, shows same info for both motors
lol, in fact all there blower motor info for 2007 a tahoe is all f-k up

OP
OP
02Lightning

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well intermittent issues are a real b*tch, if you have a junkyard around I would throw a used blower motor at anyway just to see. the hvac modules are not cheap and "might" need programming, mine did. it worked but the rear would only blow warm if it was set to 90, put it on 89 and it would blow ice cold after a crap load of troubleshooting turned out it just needed to be programmed to to my vin.

if you buy a blower motor online be sure it is the right one there are 2 versions. the earlier models had a slot for cold air to blow on the motor from the hvac box, the later models were self cooling and the hvac box did not have the hole for the air. a later version motor may still fit but you would have to plug that hole.
I've already installed a new motor and still have the problem. It was the wrong version motor but fit no problem.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've already installed a new motor and still have the problem. It was the wrong version motor but fit no problem.
well that just leaves the control module or some kind of funky electrical issue.
to bad it doesn't happen often enough that you could watch the hvac feedback with the scanner and see if it is a environmental sensor going goofy or whatever the case may be
have you tried swapping the front & rear environmental sensors? new ones are only about $25 or were last time I checked.

OP
OP
02Lightning

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well that just leaves the control module or some kind of funky electrical issue.
to bad it doesn't happen often enough that you could watch the hvac feedback with the scanner and see if it is a environmental sensor going goofy or whatever the case may be
have you tried swapping the front & rear environmental sensors? new ones are only about $25 or were last time I checked.
I have not tried that, not sure how to get at it. You have a part number?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Budzy24