Fuel Filter #@&*$&

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my little trip to autozone for some oil and filter, I decided it was probably time to do the fuel filter as well. Got home, jacked up the front end of the truck, de-pressurized the fuel system, loosened the front and rear end of the filter but had problems on the bracket holding the filter in place. The bottom bolt I was able to undo no problem, but the top bolt has little clearance for a ratchet. Has anybody replaced the filter on their own? If so how did you manage to remove the top bolt?

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't have any trouble... I didn;t remove the bracket either. I loosened the clamp and slid it OUT of the bracket IIRC.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't have any trouble... I didn;t remove the bracket either. I loosened the clamp and slid it OUT of the bracket IIRC.

Same here, just loosen the bracket and possibly tap the filter with a mallet or something to break it loose from the bracket if stuck, should just slide out!

OP
OP
HitandRunDriver

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll take a look at it in the morning, i need to cool my jets and catch the laker game. How did the clamp loosen on yours, is there just a screw i need to loosen?

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody know of a good write up or have pics on this? I should probably do this soon

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
I should probably do mine as well. I have done other chevys. Is it inside the frame rail on the drivers side for my 01? You depressurize the system by loosening the gas cap right, thats how i have done it before.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You depressurize the system by loosening the gas cap right, thats how i have done it before.

All I did was put a few rags around the fitting while I loosened it, wasn't a big deal on my experience!! I have pulled fuses for fuel pumps while it is running to lose the pressure before as well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ne44035