Fuel line questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Welderman85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot. I have an 01. The fuel lines aren't leaking yet but look bad. Are the flex stainless kits and good. I did a pre bent hard stainless brake line kit and it was a pain so I think the flex would be better. I'm unsure what to use to fix this so and tips or help is appreciated. Thanks

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot. I have an 01. The fuel lines aren't leaking yet but look bad. Are the flex stainless kits and good. I did a pre bent hard stainless brake line kit and it was a pain so I think the flex would be better. I'm unsure what to use to fix this so and tips or help is appreciated. Thanks
I cannot answer this question, unfortunately. But if you add details on your rig, you might be able to get folks who do know to chime in.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you mind elaborating a bit? Which part of the lines look bad?

That aside, I'd go with factory stuff and order OEM lines. It's actually pretty good. You MAY want to look into converting to a return-less system however, would require updates to your PCM, possibly wiring, etc. Might be a complete PITA unless you have software and want to take on a project like that.

Go to junkyard and pull the lines. It's all pretty well metal to the injectors but the tank side is PVC. I think there's something like 57 PSI line pressure. So if you do decide to switch to something else make sure it can handle say 100 PSI and is compatible with gasoline.

If I was to take on a project making custom lines. I'd upgrade the connectors. I hate the push connect stuff. I'd go with hose nuts... and a locking mechanism of some sort... They probably make a custom hose nut of sorts for fuel lines? It's a bit beyond me, as I've not done that. However, anything has to be better than those push connect clips. They SUCK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RJStanford

Latest posts