Fuel sending unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My gas gauge has been acting up lately, it will be clear full, shut it off and start it again and it will read empty and the message center will display low fuel.

Or it will say its empty message center displays low fuel, back down my driveway and will go back to full.

Could it be the sending unit in the tank, or my cluster?

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well with mine the fuel pump was going bad, I had to get a new fuel pump which came with the sender unit. With labor it was $600+. I think you can get the sender unit by itself for $200+, the labor to put it on is pretty high because they have to drop the tank.

OP
OP
2000Yukon

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were to do it myself, is it pretty straight forward? Very hard? Time consuming?

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you know someone with some mechanical skills you can DIY, not sure how hard but time consuming yes. Gotta have something to put the fuel in, getting the tank off is probably going to be the hardest part but can't say for certain. Definitely have someone help you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts