Genuine Tech2 quick question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
5StarCustmSolutns

5StarCustmSolutns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd prefer a plastic case, but the ones I saw were twice as expensive, or worse.

joe

I can now report:

-- A Tech 2 does not fit in the Harbor Freight Apache 2800
-- Does fit in the 3800 but doesn't leave much room for activities in there with it
-- Fits better in a 4800 though (currently on sale for 44.99)

A Tech 2 is 12.125" tall x 6.5" wide x 2.0625" thick. And those are tight measurements

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
5StarCustmSolutns

5StarCustmSolutns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No sir, not yet.. I did somehow make that same post twice though...

One of the two case's was out of stock at my local HF... I think it was the plastic one, which I think I liked better? We've been on the go the last two weekends and again this weekend. Haven't even been able to play with the Tech2 yet. But I will follow up as soon as I get a case!

OP
OP
5StarCustmSolutns

5StarCustmSolutns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@89Suburban, well man here is the status of my Tech 2 from OBDIISHOP in Hong Kong...

Screenshot 2024-09-16 9.57.21 PM.png
....SMH

In an email on 9/6 I asked why my package had been frozen in Ft. Worth for the last 3 days? Their reply was (paraphrasing): that I had to give clearance to customs for it to be delivered. I asked "what that means? "and why this not mentioned on your website?" We left town on the 12th and got home last night. It was kind of a fast paced weekend of meet and greets sandwiched around the Backyard Brawl (WVU @ pitt), which was all I was truly there for lol. Point is: I didn't even think about my email... I'm not a huge email guy anyway!
OBDIISHOP sent an email on the 12th informing me to fill out a form 5106 form with customs or FedEx or both?? It wasn't super clear? I immediately checked tracking after reading it and this is what it shows......

100% honest: IDK if that is standard operating procedure or not? But I'm not exactly comfortable giving clearance to a package that, in all honesty, I have NO IDEA what it contains? I'm sure it was perfectly normal and harmless, but the anything is plausible in that scenario. If I was running that, I would have step by step instructions on what to expect during the shipping process, 5106 forms on standby to download, along with any and everything else one might encounter.....smh

*** I would love to know if anyone else who purchased their TECH 2's direct from an overseas company experienced this? ***

So @89Suburban, I will keep you posted on the units status... But if I was going to give anyone advice:
#1- if someone pops up in your back yard on the facebook with 2 Authentic units and wants $200 each for them.....BUY

#2- pmotor7 on Ebay out of Charlotte, NC was $81 more than ordering from overseas, but my Tech2 showed up in like 48hrs and he replied to 3 questions within 1 hour. Well worth the $81 to avoid being drug through the mud ( https://www.ebay.com/str/pmotor7 )

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine directly from a China site linked from here. something like Chinaobd. no issues like that. I never had to email or talk to anyone. Just added to cart checked out wfiu PayPal and it showed up a while later.

might call FedEx or stop by a location and see what's up with that.

Reaction score
I ordered mine from chinacardiag or something like that and didn't have to do anything concerning shipping/customs. I was shipped DHL and I had it in about a week. This was also 5-6 years ago, so things may have changed.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@89Suburban, well man here is the status of my Tech 2 from OBDIISHOP in Hong Kong...

View attachment 438241
....SMH

In an email on 9/6 I asked why my package had been frozen in Ft. Worth for the last 3 days? Their reply was (paraphrasing): that I had to give clearance to customs for it to be delivered. I asked "what that means? "and why this not mentioned on your website?" We left town on the 12th and got home last night. It was kind of a fast paced weekend of meet and greets sandwiched around the Backyard Brawl (WVU @ pitt), which was all I was truly there for lol. Point is: I didn't even think about my email... I'm not a huge email guy anyway!
OBDIISHOP sent an email on the 12th informing me to fill out a form 5106 form with customs or FedEx or both?? It wasn't super clear? I immediately checked tracking after reading it and this is what it shows......

100% honest: IDK if that is standard operating procedure or not? But I'm not exactly comfortable giving clearance to a package that, in all honesty, I have NO IDEA what it contains? I'm sure it was perfectly normal and harmless, but the anything is plausible in that scenario. If I was running that, I would have step by step instructions on what to expect during the shipping process, 5106 forms on standby to download, along with any and everything else one might encounter.....smh

*** I would love to know if anyone else who purchased their TECH 2's direct from an overseas company experienced this? ***

So @89Suburban, I will keep you posted on the units status... But if I was going to give anyone advice:
#1- if someone pops up in your back yard on the facebook with 2 Authentic units and wants $200 each for them.....BUY

#2- pmotor7 on Ebay out of Charlotte, NC was $81 more than ordering from overseas, but my Tech2 showed up in like 48hrs and he replied to 3 questions within 1 hour. Well worth the $81 to avoid being drug through the mud ( https://www.ebay.com/str/pmotor7 )
I have never had to fill out that form before but I looked it over, it's just basic information.
the government is cracking down on Chinese imports primarily because of cheap junk, poorly made things with lithium batteries, precursor materials for drugs, etc
there have been exceptions for certain types of imports from temu, wish, etc but they are trying to keep better track of imports to make sure things are legit, why this particular item triggered that is probably something the shipper marked on the shipment form. The government is increasing tariffs from china as well

On August 1, 2024, new tariffs will be imposed on Chinese imports, including:
  • Steel and aluminum: Tariffs on certain products will increase from 0–7.5% to 25%. This includes steel bars, beams, wire, sheet piling, and pipe, as well as aluminum bars, wire, foil, and pipe.
  • Solar cells: Tariffs will increase from 25% to 50%.
  • Electric vehicles: Tariffs will increase from 25% to 100%.
  • Lithium batteries for EVs and critical minerals: Tariffs will increase from 7.5% to 25%.
  • Ship-to-shore cranes: Tariffs will increase from 0% to 25%.

OP
OP
5StarCustmSolutns

5StarCustmSolutns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never had to fill out that form before but I looked it over, it's just basic information.
the government is cracking down
Thank you for weighing in and for checking out that form... I would hope it was truly harmless, but as I've said before on here(Escalade cluster ordeal): one of my biggest no-no's is "getting got"; and honestly the entire process was just off, e.g. --I haven't been able to log back into the site since my purchase --OBDIISHOP sent me an email the next day saying that I would be able to log in and my package would ship as soon as I paid them $30 more to ship to my home, causing me to go full scale thermonuclear Counselor at Law on them with my reply(I've been studying law off and on for last 18mos or so)(screenshots at bottom) --The next email from them showed the item actually being shipped by DHL?? Even though I'm in a remote area they don't deliver too? --Then, all the sudden, what once could only be shipped by DHL, was now able to be shipped by FedEx? --Then package gets held for me to give clearance that it's OK to deliver? Too many abnormalities for me...

Maybe I'm being overly skeptical/paranoid? But in my book, not "getting got" has a much broader spectrum than avoiding $20 shell games on top of cardboard boxes in dimly lit alleys...

I ordered mine directly from a China site linked from here. something like Chinaobd. no issues like that. I never had to email or talk to anyone. Just added to cart checked out wfiu PayPal and it showed up a while later.

might call FedEx or stop by a location and see what's up with that.
Thanks for your input... I'll call when I get home for lunch and just see what they say...

I ordered mine from chinacardiag or something like that and didn't have to do anything concerning shipping/customs. I was shipped DHL and I had it in about a week. This was also 5-6 years ago, so things may have changed.
Thanks for sharing your experience... That is exactly what I was told would happen, 3-7 days...

This was my inquiry into why I can't log into site.. Note: It's already been 3 days so I'm assuming it's soaring across the Arctic ocean at 30,000ft
Screenshot 2024-09-17 10.23.47 AM.png

Here is their reply aka attempt to extort more money
Screenshot 2024-09-17 10.24.26 AM.png

And here is the first part of my thermonuclear amateur lawyer response... It a little long for screen shot.. I can copy paste if someone care to see it all...

Screenshot 2024-09-17 10.26.30 AM.png

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thank you for weighing in and for checking out that form... I would hope it was truly harmless, but as I've said before on here(Escalade cluster ordeal): one of my biggest no-no's is "getting got"; and honestly the entire process was just off, e.g. --I haven't been able to log back into the site since my purchase --OBDIISHOP sent me an email the next day saying that I would be able to log in and my package would ship as soon as I paid them $30 more to ship to my home, causing me to go full scale thermonuclear Counselor at Law on them with my reply(I've been studying law off and on for last 18mos or so)(screenshots at bottom) --The next email from them showed the item actually being shipped by DHL?? Even though I'm in a remote area they don't deliver too? --Then, all the sudden, what once could only be shipped by DHL, was now able to be shipped by FedEx? --Then package gets held for me to give clearance that it's OK to deliver? Too many abnormalities for me...

Maybe I'm being overly skeptical/paranoid? But in my book, not "getting got" has a much broader spectrum than avoiding $20 shell games on top of cardboard boxes in dimly lit alleys...

Thanks for your input... I'll call when I get home for lunch and just see what they say...

Thanks for sharing your experience... That is exactly what I was told would happen, 3-7 days...

This was my inquiry into why I can't log into site.. Note: It's already been 3 days so I'm assuming it's soaring across the Arctic ocean at 30,000ft
View attachment 438297

Here is their reply aka attempt to extort more money
View attachment 438300

And here is the first part of my thermonuclear amateur lawyer response... It a little long for screen shot.. I can copy paste if someone care to see it all...

View attachment 438301
I'd feel the same if I was you. Too many scumbag con artist thieves today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiemishuu