Glitter in the oil after the DOD delete?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BUCKSATH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m about 1000 miles post DODdelete on my wife’s 17 5.3 suburban. Everything went well and the Engine runs strong and seems completely fine. I flushed the engine out after the work was done and went 1000 miles and just changed the oil yesterday. I think I see very light glitter but I definitely see tiny flakes of metal like I saw before I did the DOD delete. Could it be possible that it still has metal floating around from before the work?

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For that stuff to be circulating in the oil I'd hate to look at the crank bearings. Good that you changed that oil again. Cut the filter open and see what's in there too.

adamztrucking

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After completing the DOD delete on your wife's 2017 Suburban, you're noticing tiny metal flakes in the oil, even after flushing the engine and driving 1,000 miles. This could be residual metal from before the delete or part of a normal break-in period after the engine work. Monitoring the oil and checking the filter for metal debris will help determine if it's a lingering issue. If the metal flakes persist or increase, it may be worth further inspection to rule out any underlying problems.

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It shouldnt be shedding much metal with roller lifters. I hope you used new lifter trays. The old ones once touched usually rotate a lifter. I never reuse lifter trays. I would not wait, and do a blackstone oil analysis. Cut the filter open this may be worse than you know. If you had a bad lifter prior, yes this could be from prior to the afm delete. I would get engine flush and do another oil change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WORKS1