GM 6L80 Transmission Information Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With taller tires you are also going to want taller (numerically) gears. Otherwise you are losing mechanical advantage. It's great for highway gas mileage, but not so great for quick acceleration. There's an article in my signature with a chart.

ilikemikes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just getting back to this Nick, thank you sir! I will ask for some specifics. Was just talking to my neighbor (ex-mechanic now engineer), he thinks the Billet torque converter is over doing my stock engine and for the amount of towing I do. I tow my bass boat once a week 30 to 100 miles. Its maybe 3500lbs. The Tahoe is currently a little sluggish while towing the boat and would like some pep. Thoughts? Thanks again.
Got some details Nick...

✅ 6L80 stage 1 2800.00 18/18 warranty ✅ Best bang for your buck in Texas! : ✅ new Florida brand carbon clutch torque converter ✅ proprietary heavy duty 4-5-6 drum set up with borg warmer friction plates and thick steels, (only lathe machining the parts can achieve this) ✅ modified boost system for quick pressure rise ✅new oversized pressure pressure regulator valve ✅Performance built valve body with torque converter valve update, end plugs, AFL valve update, and vacuum tested for tolerances ✅lathe machined like new pump stator ✅ Case is sand blasted and coated with automotive grade paint and clear ✅ cooler flow pump modifications to keep stock or 40k coolers at max efficiency! ✅ OEM dealer , gasket, o’ring, and screen kit for TEHCM ✅ TEHCM fully tested and programmed to your tire size and gear ratio , also includes new aftermarket software for longer torque converter durability and zero shudder issues! ✅ zero snake oil parts ✅ firm shift tune available upon request at no extra charge, otherwise transmission will shift smooth. ☑️18,000 mile 18 month warranty on entire transmission including TEHCM/computer, with invoice and serial # DECAL unit built by diesel Master ASE certified, ATRA instructor Pepe Torres building performace unit since 2005! beware: all of our units include a serial # with flag and logo for identification Beware of copy cats PRO installation special is 1200.00 Includes HOT FLUSH machine that flushes transmission cooler/s, full synthetic fluid fill, computer adapts reset and road test

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got some details Nick...

✅ 6L80 stage 1 2800.00 18/18 warranty ✅ Best bang for your buck in Texas! : ✅ new Florida brand carbon clutch torque converter ✅ proprietary heavy duty 4-5-6 drum set up with borg warmer friction plates and thick steels, (only lathe machining the parts can achieve this) ✅ modified boost system for quick pressure rise ✅new oversized pressure pressure regulator valve ✅Performance built valve body with torque converter valve update, end plugs, AFL valve update, and vacuum tested for tolerances ✅lathe machined like new pump stator ✅ Case is sand blasted and coated with automotive grade paint and clear ✅ cooler flow pump modifications to keep stock or 40k coolers at max efficiency! ✅ OEM dealer , gasket, o’ring, and screen kit for TEHCM ✅ TEHCM fully tested and programmed to your tire size and gear ratio , also includes new aftermarket software for longer torque converter durability and zero shudder issues! ✅ zero snake oil parts ✅ firm shift tune available upon request at no extra charge, otherwise transmission will shift smooth. ☑️18,000 mile 18 month warranty on entire transmission including TEHCM/computer, with invoice and serial # DECAL unit built by diesel Master ASE certified, ATRA instructor Pepe Torres building performace unit since 2005! beware: all of our units include a serial # with flag and logo for identification Beware of copy cats PRO installation special is 1200.00 Includes HOT FLUSH machine that flushes transmission cooler/s, full synthetic fluid fill, computer adapts reset and road test
Which shop is this?

OP
OP
NickTransmissions

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ilikemikes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
These folks?

$2800 is for a complete overhaul, torque converter plus $1200 r/r so 4$k...not bad if so..
Yes sir. Aus-Tex Transmission. They have great reviews and seem reputable.
Am I overdoing it by getting the Billet torque converter?

OP
OP
NickTransmissions

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes sir. Aus-Tex Transmission. They have great reviews and seem reputable.
Am I overdoing it by getting the Billet torque converter?
It's up to you on the billet converter cover; I typically only do them on HP or HD builds but sometimes the customer wants one, regardless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LilithMoon