Going to go AEM Does this sound right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktmhans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm looking to pull the trigger now that I am comfortable with keeping the tahoe. I have been getting quite a few different parts off ebay lately, does this jive with some of the other members on here, Just want to make sure i actually get a brute force and not an imposter.
Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AEM-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I thought it looked real, but i KNOW you never know.
Have good weekend.
BB coming soon!

CGKirk1104

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It looks like its real. I have an AEM Brute force as well and all of the parts look correct. You will like enjoy this thing greatly! Just remember to wash the air filter during every oil change so it will perform at its peak!

OP
OP
K

ktmhans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like its real. I have an AEM Brute force as well and all of the parts look correct. You will like enjoy this thing greatly! Just remember to wash the air filter during every oil change so it will perform at its peak!

Cool cant wait to get it in! Is that the,change interval of cleaning those filters?

CGKirk1104

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im not sure of the exact intervals, Im sure its in the paperwork that you will get with it, but its just a good rule of thumb. I take my off and wash it in the sink with some dial dish soap. The first time I did it, it had been wayyyy to long and it took a while to clean it. But it ran like a champ after it dried!

The install is pretty straight forword, and while you have the intake tube off, I would definitely recommend cleaning the throttle body. I had some trouble with my idle, and cleaned the throttle body and it helped tremendously!

brucebruce45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO I wouldn't drop that much for an intake. Do a simple tube, drop in filter, an airbox mod. Way cheaper and same results. Then use leftover monies for a tune

OP
OP
K

ktmhans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does AEM make a drop in filter? did the drop in filter and swiss cheese with my obs 5.7 and I could still notice a differance between that set up and K&N cai. filter stays cleaning in the factory houseing though. i really like the banks set up but way to much $$ for for the performance.
Figured if this $238 or so was lagit, it wasn't too bad, i really don't have the time to play with stuff anymore. wish I did. Honestly I would probly go buy all the stuff then it would sit in the corner and my wife would end up tagsaling it on me.
Thanks for the honesty though and your probly right

brucebruce45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This isn't relative to a NBs but a guy on pttrucks.net had a 6.2 nnbs that decided to take his k&n cone filter off an run his stock box with a drop in filter an swiss cheese mods. He consistanly had better times at the track, and had time slips to prove it. But in the end its what u want

yukon2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a side note: I do a lot of buying and selling on eBay. When buying, always check the seller's feedback. If they do not have 100% feedback, read their negative and neutral feedback that they have received. If you still do not feel comfortable buying from them - then don't. eBay has made a lot of changes over the years. Nowadays if you buy something that is protected by eBay's buyer protection, you should be able to receive your money back if you go through the proper process through eBay, but it's still a pain in the a$$ when you get screwed over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52