slight engine resonance through steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TommyS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don’t have the gas engine (LM2 owner) but I believe it’s been mentioned on this forum before that if you activate the manual shift button “L” and put it into L9 it won’t let it go to 10th gear, but also won’t activate DFM. Worth a try at least…

Thanks. I did try the manual setting before. Just not sure if I kept it ninth gear. Gonna try this again.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should allow you to use all the gears up to ninth in automatic as usual but won't shift into the top gear. I wonder if these ten speeds ever actually use 10th anyway. My brother has a Jeep Cherokee with a 9 speed and it has to be running something like 80mph to go into ninth.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should allow you to use all the gears up to ninth in automatic as usual but won't shift into the top gear. I wonder if these ten speeds ever actually use 10th anyway. My brother has a Jeep Cherokee with a 9 speed and it has to be running something like 80mph to go into ninth.
I have a Banks iDash which shows the gear status. It’s not until ~62mph that I see it drop into 10th. Mind you this is on the diesel and it might have different shifting logic on the gas engines.

The diesel has enough torque that when we’re on a road trip going up and down I5 on the west coast I rarely see it down shift from 10th when cruise is set at ~70mph.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have a Banks iDash which shows the gear status. It’s not until ~62mph that I see it drop into 10th. Mind you this is on the diesel and it might have different shifting logic on the gas engines.

The diesel has enough torque that when we’re on a road trip going up and down I5 on the west coast I rarely see it down shift from 10th when cruise is set at ~70mph.
Handles the passes well, huh?

OP
OP
T

TommyS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My question is, does anyone know for certain, that when shifting into manual gears shuts off the DFM in the 2024 models?

OP
OP
T

TommyS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My issues is when the truck is revving in the 1500-1800 rpm range. Most of the time I feel the vibration probably in the middle gears, not the highest or lowest gears. I think shutting down the 8th or 10th gears wouldnt solve my issue. If I new a way to totally shut the dfm down, then i would know if that is the problem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100