Gonna buy a new used tahoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
it will vary the power to the front but not disconnect completely until you push 2wd. if you question the road conditions push auto the the drivetrain determine traction needed. if they are normal press 2wd. in any 4wd mode mileage suffers a bit.

OP
OP
H

h3o

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so that quote i just put in about the the autotrac not needing a new driveline, was actually from cognitos web site. when i read it on the forums there was some missing "," but it basically says there are 2 different auto tracs, an old and new. Apparently from what cognito said, i called to verify, that is old and basically any truck from 96-04 needs a new cv driveline if you have autotrac. so that answered my question.. not to decide if its cheaper to buy a used manual transfer case and driveline or buy a new cv driveline...

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
new shafts are about $ 500 and are so much easier to install then trying to put in manual case and modify the control systems to use it and still operate effectively with rest of vehicle.

OP
OP
H

h3o

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
new shafts are about $ 500 and are so much easier to install then trying to put in manual case and modify the control systems to use it and still operate effectively with rest of vehicle.

Ya I know but I'm cheap LOL. But I did talk to my local driveline shop and they can modify mine for $350

foxrider251

Reaction score
honestly auto 4 wheel drive is a terrible idea and not needed IMO, my kon has it and ill never engage it. just the idea of it trying to engage while everythings already moving at a good rate of speed just doesnt seem to add up to longevity of the driveline especially on older units like ours, my shit is always either in 4wd or 2wd no autotrac bs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ngraham2010