Halos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diabology

What's not good?
Reaction score
Just put on led halo projector headlights on my hoe a few weeks ago. Was driving at night the other day and can't see shit. My stock lights were brighter than the new halos. They came with xtune hyper white bulbs 4200k that I put in but still very dim. Any suggestions how I might be able to fix this? New bulbs?

:whymewhyme:

drroy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you are Ok with the look of those headlights, all is not lost. with a small amount of effort and a few more bucks you can upgrade the projectors. As those lights already have projectors in them they will be the easiest starting point to do a proper retrofit.

rather than putting them in the trash can, put them in a oven preheated to 250 degrees on a cookie sheet for 15 - 20 min. this will soften the sealant and allow you to separate the lens from the housing. when open you simply replace the shitbox halogen projectors with a HID projector of your choosing, add bulbs and ballast, aim and enjoy.

they will be considerable easier to retro than a set of OEM style housings, A low cost projector to consider would be a morimoto mini H1 ($120 at the retrofit source), the are small and should drop right in to your current headlights, A set of ballast and bulbs should set you back another $40 or so from DDM tuning or even cheaper on ebay. you will not need shrouds.........$0.02

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dap365

Latest posts