Haven't posted in months.. Check out the ride now.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Babbitt112

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Stationed in Wichita, KS, Home is Morganton, NC
Well, when I first created an account, I had big ambitions for my Tahoe.. Some Financial Issues came about so the big ambitions quickly dwindled away to hopelessness.. Well, I'm finally out of the rut and have a little cash to play with, so a couple days ago I got a random impulse to go get it lifted and put bigger tires on it. I figure next year I will put some new rims on it maybe like some 20" Monsters or something like that, and some low pro muds, but for now, this is what I have gotten done since the first, and last post lol.

-Did the bowtie, over again. Did have it in silver, but it was a pretty crappy job so I decided to repaint it black, and apply clearcoat.
-Did a 2.5" Torsion lift
-Picked up some 35" NITTO Grapplers... (AND yes, they DID infact fit, they only rub if it's flexing, but my Tahoe is 2wd, so it won't see much action off road, plus I will invest in a suspension lift next year.)
-Removed the Running boards, It looks so much smoother and even higher now without them, plus i'm 6'3 so it's no big deal.
-Added some 8000k lights.
-Tinted windows up to the front passenger and driver seat with 15% solar tint
:chicken:
After doing Measurements, the ride is about 6 inches higher than it was before. Surprisingly, the rear is hardly even noticeable, though it is slightly lower only by a few centimeters. Torsion key lifts DO affect how the ride feels, but if you ask me it's completely WORTH the aggressive look, temporarily anyway. I wish my Hoe was a 4x4 :(, ah well, maybe I can drop that in there someday, or just buy a z71... It came out looking very nice if you ask me, even though the wheels are stock, lol. tell me what you think!
P1040424.jpg

P1040427.jpg

P10404262.jpg

P1040421.jpg

Last edited:

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks great man , yea everybody has finacial issues from time to time i hate when it happens to me , but glad to see your out of it and the truck looks great

nath

Reaction score
lifted hoe

Man I love you Hoe, she is beautiful, I am very impressed, I have a 3.5inch RC that i am trying to get the courage to put it on myself or take it to a shop. It claims to be a bolt on kit, but it requires removing the front diff and grinding it down. I am not comfortable doing this nor am i comfortable with the thought of a shop grinding on my diff.
Anyway kudos to you and your hoe :party33:
Nath

OP
OP
Babbitt112

Babbitt112

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Stationed in Wichita, KS, Home is Morganton, NC
Nice but needs

HD Mirrors

I know right!!! That is a Definite.. You cannot Beat the HD mirrors.. Plus it's not a mod that's too expensive..
Thanks alot guys!!! Got alot of other things i'm going to do to it in the next year!! I'm thinking about Debadging the Tahoe emblems off the side this week, what you think?

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Man I love you Hoe, she is beautiful, I am very impressed, I have a 3.5inch RC that i am trying to get the courage to put it on myself or take it to a shop. It claims to be a bolt on kit, but it requires removing the front diff and grinding it down. I am not comfortable doing this nor am i comfortable with the thought of a shop grinding on my diff.
Anyway kudos to you and your hoe :party33:
Nath

If I were you I would take it to the shop so that way if something breaks or doesn't work like it's supposed to at least u can take it back so they can fix it. Also jdpber Nice Tahoe. I can't wait to get some new Mirrors, don't see nearly enough Hoes riding around with em on!! Really sets them apart!

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Donyukon, Yeah man, it happens when you got bills to pay lol. Gotta spend some cash on yourself every now and then.

SPLmonster13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clean! You should try and find the HD hood. I think those look so badass on nbs!

Anchor Management

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, new here.

Loving he HD mirror idea. I tow constantly, and besides the good looks, they will practical too.

What other Chev/CM models of similar years carry those. I assume the parts would be compatible with the 2500 HD's of the simlar vintage. Correct?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely get an HD hood and HD mirrors. The 35's look 10x better then stock! Next up though... new rims??

electro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. Really nice and clean looking, I had that truck and it was written off. it looks almost identical. Nice Tahoe Babbit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx