Hd conversion on my tahoe is complete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glendejd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks Great! Maybe this is a stupid question but do you still use the stock tahoe headlights with the HD grill or do those have to be swapped also?

Glendejd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

So that is the HD hood and grill obviously and a stock tahoe bumper with a HD bumper top? So many different ways to do this but yours is the one I like the most for my application. Just trying to get an idea of what all I need to buy to get this done. Sorry for all the newb questions.

OP
OP
LOWHOE775

LOWHOE775

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

So that is the HD hood and grill obviously and a stock tahoe bumper with a HD bumper top? So many different ways to do this but yours is the one I like the most for my application. Just trying to get an idea of what all I need to buy to get this done. Sorry for all the newb questions.

Yes stock bumper I just bought the hd grille and bumper cap and the hood. You will cut your bumper mounts and move them about 1" 1/2 down and re weld them. Year 2000-2002 silverado HD.

Glendejd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I read about lowering the bumper but must have missed the part about the bumper cap being an HD bumper cap. Thanks again for the information!

OP
OP
LOWHOE775

LOWHOE775

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I read about lowering the bumper but must have missed the part about the bumper cap being an HD bumper cap. Thanks again for the information!

Your welcome there is a thread about the hd conversion I believe under exterior check it out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T2003