Headliner R&R…? anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
if this glue doesn’t hold the headliner I will just pull it out and put on the trash pile. No way I’m reupholstering this dude again. I really hate to hear that. Wish I had done more research and used a commercial/ pro adhesive BUT if I had done more research I would not have this headliner out right now. Or ever
Hey you never know--it might stay just fine. Definitely let us know how you make out.

dps01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey you never know--it might stay just fine. Definitely let us know how you make out.
Agree… “individual results may vary” comes to mind.

I went the “pro route” as an extra precaution….

It’s not only the product used, but the technique as well…. My original technique may have contributed…

FWIW… it did last approximately 2 years in the TX heat.

OP
OP
Chubbs

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I leave work tonight I’m going home to cut grass real quick and then stick the headliner back in and get started on something else. Yest I fixed the driver door panel/ handle/ master switch that was broken since I bought the truck. I replaced the self leveling $1000 rear shocks. Now I need to get my cluster gauges working and repair the driver seat cushion which is going to be couple hundred easy probably $300 for a cushion and oem cover

OP
OP
Chubbs

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was up until 2 or 3 last night getting the trim and headliner back installed. i think i spent 2 hours trying to get the visors figured out and screwed on. those things confused the hell out of me. i didn't finish but its up there and i still need to remove the DS visor and figure out whats going on with it. the passenger side is straight. still some trim left but the bulk of it is back inside. that headliner looks pitiful but at least its nice now! the shape is nonexistent. its just there haha and i don't know what i'm going to do about all of the debris inside the rear ductwork. when i go to turn the AC all kinds of dust is going to come blowing out of the vents. i removed a lot of it but there has to be another cubic foot of foam dust still remaining inside.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
i was up until 2 or 3 last night getting the trim and headliner back installed. i think i spent 2 hours trying to get the visors figured out and screwed on. those things confused the hell out of me. i didn't finish but its up there and i still need to remove the DS visor and figure out whats going on with it. the passenger side is straight. still some trim left but the bulk of it is back inside. that headliner looks pitiful but at least its nice now! the shape is nonexistent. its just there haha and i don't know what i'm going to do about all of the debris inside the rear ductwork. when i go to turn the AC all kinds of dust is going to come blowing out of the vents. i removed a lot of it but there has to be another cubic foot of foam dust still remaining inside.
Try to pull the vents off and stick the nozzle of a shop vac up there.

dps01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
spent 2 hours trying to get the visors figured out and screwed on. those things confused the hell out of me.
AGREED…
Finding those screw holes for the visors is a PIA. It takes another set of hands or a lot of luck.

And if they are lighted, that adds to the experience ….

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryonE