Heated steering wheel fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GJGMC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Curious what goes wrong with the heated steering wheel? 07 Yukon Denali.

Checked the fuse box, found no fuse so replaced it. Still no go, wondering what is the next step or what to look for? Steering wheel button doesn't light up. All other controls on that side work 100%.

Winters coming and would be nice to have. Couldn't really find much then just checking the fuse under the hood.

Thanks in advance

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just doesn't heat or what? Mine heats but there seem to be cool spots on it.

OP
OP
GJGMC

GJGMC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah no heating. The light doesn't even come on when you press the button. Checked fuse under hood its good. Need to pull the steering column plastics and check the harness their I heard there's another inline fuse supposedly

FatBob

Reaction score
No need to pull the column's plastic trim. There is a fuse in the SIR coil harness for the power wire of the heated wheel. It's near the bottom of the column. You can get it from below the dash. Look for a light green connector with two wires, go about 3 - 4 inches up the column from the light green connector. You should find a black box, fuse is inside. 7.5 amp. I never had one apart, so I am not sure what the fuse looks like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevenstephenson