slight engine resonance through steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TommyS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just wanted to update this thread. The dealer finally had a look at my truck. I have to say, the service manager at my dealership was excellent, and seemed to be a good guy. He and I took a long test drive and he was able to feel the vibration. They took the truck in and removed and tested the front wheels. He said one tested good and the other was way off. After the fix he said he test drove and all was normal.

I pick up the truck and it’s the same crap. No change with the vibration. Service manger said they have some kind of machine that they hook up to the truck to detect and pinpoint where the vibration is coming from. I’m just wondering if this will work or if there is anything else they can check. He said when they had the truck in, everything looks tight in the front. He also told me that it’s not a transmission problem. Don’t know what to believe anymore, but i’m gonna give them another chance before bringing to a different dealer. The truck is totally awesome but this issue is killing it for me. Just wish they could pinpoint this problem the first time.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
One the first attempt, did they use this "all knowing vibes detection/pinpoint machine"?

Hell, why not do all 4 wheels?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
They did not use the vibe machine yet. they said that’s next.
I hope someone here has heard of or seen, "the vibe machine".

I would wonder why the "vibe machine" was not pulled out of the arsenal to begin with.

This is yet another reason why in my 45 years as a tech/service manager, I never ever wanted to work at a dealer. Fake It Till You Make It.