Heated washer fluid .... Update!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
In that post, I was talking about the unit Alphatherm sells for cars that did not come with a factory washer fluid heater. I have the replacement one since my Tahoe was equipped with this feature. If yours came with the feature, be sure to purchase the AT-37GM model. My little brother has the "on-demand" one in his HHR.

When it came in, I did the install myself, it was easy once I decided to do it in the daylight. lol. It snaps into where the old one did and the wiring harness should be there waiting for it. Here is a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJjjOWZ4-Xg

Last edited:

ThaHooch

Reaction score
Installing the AlphaTherm was easier than removing my headlight...it's a piece of cake for anyone considering getting one.

Punisher66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the Tahoe have two separate lines for each wiper on the front? I have three washer lines under the hood on the right side of the truck. (Right side if your lookin under the hood) I also discovered while looking for the washer lines that my rear wiper line is not connected to anything. So when I hit the rear washer button the fluid just prays my engine compartment. Can anyone tell me what the rear line is supposed to be hooked up to?

Double3

Reaction score
So I bought my 07 Tahoe like 2 weeks ago and according to a paper that had all the services that were done on it the recall was done.

So does this mean I do not have the ability to have heated washer fluid? They removed it or am I not understanding this right?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In that post, I was talking about the unit Alphatherm sells for cars that did not come with a factory washer fluid heater. I have the replacement one since my Tahoe was equipped with this feature. If yours came with the feature, be sure to purchase the AT-37GM model. My little brother has the "on-demand" one in his HHR.

When it came in, I did the install myself, it was easy once I decided to do it in the daylight. lol. It snaps into where the old one did and the wiring harness should be there waiting for it. Here is a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJjjOWZ4-Xg

Yes mine came with the feature. Which one should I get though? The unit plus 60A fuse or just the unit?

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
If they removed your fuse, you will need the replacement one. My dealer did not remove my fuse so I didn't have to buy another one.

Punisher, as far as I know, the 2 front wipers used the same hose. Or at least during the install I didn't have to find any extras. I don't remember but maybe watching the video I referenced above will help.

fixxxer88

Reaction score
Can someone explain the operation of the heated washer to me?

What are the benefits?

I live in Texas, but I'm temporarily in Virginia until March. So, i never used it while in Texas. Does it work better to get bugs and stuff of the windshield?

I guess what my overall question is, is it really worth getting? (i'm leaning towards it since I'm in VA for now). I had the recall done a while ago, but didn't really care since I've never used it. Looking for justification for the wife to spend the cash for it.

thanx

Last edited:

Punisher66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed mine. It was an add on as I didn't have the factory one. It was really easy to do. If anyone needs assistance let me know. Oh and as I posted earlier, the third "hose" I found running with the washer hoses was actually my hood cable. I live in the NE, so the heated washer will be great in the winter. As far as in the summer or warmer climates, it will take bugs off easier and dirt streaks, how well I will just have to see.