Heated windshield washer fuild feature recall?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Desert Driver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm taking my truck in to the dealer tomorrow to have the interior chrome door handles replaced under the recent recall,

I'm in Saudi and the dealers here don't have a clue about customer service. Do you have a recall number for the chrome handles, as my passenger side front handle is peeling and cut the wifes hand last month.

As for the other recall. I don't know whether we are covered out here for getting $100 (or the equivalent)

ellyka112

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yea they have to do it.

Why do they have to do it? It's not their truck, it's your truck. If your taking your truck in for a certain issue you are concerned about, they have no right to do any modifications without asking you or letting you know about it.

I'll roll those dice when it comes to my truck. I've told my dealer that no other work will be done unless they call me first. They can keep their $100\

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am pissed at my dealership.. Basically I go every 4-5 to get my oil changed and they do the checkup well this time they came back and said I need lower balljoints replaced they are really bad they said. I checked on the sheet that they did the checkup last time and they said it was fine.. Pissed because I know the balljoints can't go that bad in 3 months.

Hello,

I do apologize for your frustrations. I see you are upset with this dealership. Please let me know if you would like me to locate another dealer for you to have this repaired. I do understand that it would not seem that this could happen within a three month period. It is possible that they were starting to go bad, but during a simple inspection during an oil change, they were not bad enough to throw a red flag. I am not a technician, so I can’t really say. However, I do understand if you do not feel confident with this dealer and would like help locating another one. Please let me know if I can help.

Geoff Allen
GM Customer Service

OP
OP
J

JMORENOII

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can confirm that my dealer stated they were required to complete the recall if they did any service on my truck. I'll be getting an aftermarket washer fluid heater once I receive my check.

Desert Driver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a website where I can check if my 2007 Yukon should have the fluid heater recall?

I took it for the service last week and when i quizzed them they said mine didn't have the recall, which I find very strange. This is Saudi and so I am suspect of them not wanting to give me my $100 (experience tells me they'll try anything out here). I then had to get really stern with them about replacing the chrome interior door handles that were peeling. After seeing various "Managers" I manged to beat (or bore) them into submission and they eventually replaced the front ones for free.

Double3

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you want the recall on it?

They are just preventing a possible problem with it right?

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
any updates on this? I just got a note in the mail that says i need to get it done...2008 model year...dont want this thing to burn down...i do love the heated fluid feature tho

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any updates on this? I just got a note in the mail that says i need to get it done...2008 model year...dont want this thing to burn down...i do love the heated fluid feature tho

We did it. They just remove the heating device. We got $100 check in the mail about 2 weeks later.

There is an aftermarket retrofit out there. Plugs into the old wiring harness, just doesn't burn your truck down. Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erlin