Transmission output shaft seal/bearing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

diezelraccoon

Reaction score
Yes, they're different - you are looking to replace the extension housing's bushing and seal, correct?

If so, the first link is for purchasing a new OEM extension housing bushing. The 2nd link is for purchasing the OEM style shrouded extension housing seal. The third link contains a combo pack that comes with both the bushing and the seal.

Hope that clears up any confusion for you.
It’s the bearing at the rear of the transmission that the drive shaft slides into. All the videos I’ve seen only shows a single part/bearing.

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s the bearing at the rear of the transmission that the drive shaft slides into. All the videos I’ve seen only shows a single part/bearing.
Reply with a link here to one of these videos because I'd like to know what you're seeing/talking about. There is no bearing in the back of any 4L60E, 2WD or 4WD. You have a seal and a bushing, both of which @OR VietVet provided you the correct links to purchase. Either you have a different transmission in your vehicle or are hopelessly overthinking this and/or watching the wrong videos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayHow