HELP!! i need some advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali420

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi.. great forum!! I just bought a 2004 yukon denali.. and need some advice... all i knew was it needed a transfer case. Which is ok, but when I had a transfer case replaced in my truck. The transmission shop reused the u-joint on the front of the rear drive shaft. There was some creeking and other sounds when it went in, also asked them to look into.

Got it back 1600 bucks for the bill.. only replaced the transfer case. I drove it maybe 50 kms and had no 3rd or 4th gears.. tranny was done.

Take it to mister transmission, with in 30 min they showed me the rear u-joint was destroyed u could jiggle the shaft up and down with ease causing the noises i have been hearing since day one . And the yoke was also toast... and driving it as far as i did caused the rear seal in the transfer case to leak. Everything is now being fixed including rebuilding the tranny.

Do i have any recourse for them knowingly putting back in faulty parts?? There was know way to miss that u-joint and yoke.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Andy

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd mention this to the shop owner and see what he/she says.

And Welcome to the forum.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I was in your shoes and my tranny went out after only 31 miles after the repair, I'd be in that place in a heart beat making stuff happen!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1